Second Life Ranker - Vol. 1 Ch. 64

Double-page supporter
"Learning martial arts" is that like code speak for some "rough and tumble sexy time"?. Hahahaha

Can't wait for how bad shit hits the fan.

Protect that phoenix chick.

I thinks there a error somewhere, sword clan head should be called sword god, the other guy should be sword blade or something like that

I'm still a little pissed that they ended the novel translation at the point they did, so I can't wait to see what happens to the Divine Beasts and the person with the task of killing them.

@GerryCeryBery You can blame them for thinking that asking the author permission to translate the novel was a good idea. You can't blame them for stopping when the author said no

But yeah LOL

@harvest

I do not blame the translation team. They did the right thing of stopping the translation, when the author denied them the permission to do so.

Just the fact that it was at that point in the story.😆

Aggregator gang
Legs binds and a noose basically? He can’t remove it so it will be a pain to have...

@GerryCeryBery

I hate it when authors do that but have no official english translation in the works.

These unofficial translations are basically free advertising because for people like us we'd have no idea these novels and manhwas existed or if they're even any good.

There's always a chance people would buy merch or even official copies even if they don't know korean.

Aggregator gang
@Spookie Exposure isn't really a good form of compensation and translators do profit off of their translations. It makes sense that an author wouldn't want a free translation. After all, their work is profiting someone else for nothing real in return and if they decide to have a future english release, there isn't much of a reason for consumers to choose it bc it already exists for free.

It's frustrating but it makes sense and is completely in their right.

Supporter
I agree with huttingham.
It's the issue we dance around as readers of free translations. We really don't have a right to complain that someone decided to not do something illegal.
It sucks to lose out but it's not like it was ours in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
@DatOneGuy
@huttingham

I agree with you guys on your points on this particular topic, but I’m happy to say (despite the illegality, somewhat) that we haven’t lost out in this particular manwah.
Someone’s still translating despite the author interference of the original translators, and while it may be a dick move, I’m not going to complain getting a free read of this work.

@huttingham

Oh yeah I should've added that part in if the group is just doing for fun and not for profit(there are some out there but the quality isn't the best). Because lots of those stories don't get an english translation and it's a bit sad.

It's extremely scummy though to keep translating just because you want to make a profit after the author denies permission even if they don't plan on an english release.

Users who are viewing this thread