Second Life Ranker

Good but not great. The art is pretty but really lacks movement; the characters always look really stiff.

The story has an interesting concept but I never really feel the tension; everything goes according to his plans and he gets so OP from the beginning that I don't feel any struggle. It's just him completing quests, defeating people and getting rewards. All you really see is how easy it is for him compared to normal people.

Even the snake that he built up as such a powerful enemy is something he defeated just by placing his hand on it? And then he's like "oh the owner of the snake must be so powerful" when he had no trouble at all defeating it.

And in the latest chapters
he figured out a whole new martial arts skill in 4 days that has Gods interested in him and then he's like "I don't understand geniuses"? Bro you are one.

I also feel like the pacing is sometimes slow.

Anyways, I think it's not that the material is bad, it's just that the execution is off. I think this is still worth a read, and you might not be bothered by the things that annoy me. Personally, I'm going to try reading the novel, and hopefully I enjoy that more.

If you want some recommendations, Solo Leveling, (haven't read the novel yet) High Energy QR Code, and Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint are somewhat similar to this, and I really enjoyed them.

@theliongirl Try: the beggining after the end too ,Chronicles of Heavenly Demon and The Descent of the Demonic Master if you prefer more action.
But the beggining after the end is a must read in my opinion.

Why is it taking so long to release new season or episode I have been waiting for 4 months

Read 10 chapters before dropping. The story is bullshit, the characters are flat, obvious continuity errors exist. The art is bad for the rating it has.

It's really bad for being rated 8.8.

30 chapters in and he is already fighting one of the strongest people in the tower from one of the top 10 clans and beating him before even leaving the tutorial. And the dialog is so bland, it basically repeats everything leaving no room for thought like the reader is 5 years old with no critical thinking, not sure if this is just poor translations.

Still don't understand how his brother got betrayed if he had the dragon's eye
Apart from that, I think it's good but really lacking in some areas which unfortunately made it quite tedious to read 50 chapters in.

Group Leader
i like how he didn't get a freaking harem of freaking weakass shits
i also like how he didn't go and try to help some girls level up cause they were about to die or whatever (i hate those; they waste perfectly good potential and turn it into absolute trash. who the fuck cares abt ppl you don't even know the potential of?)
that makes the god a legend and this manhwa a 10/10.
plot's more like 6/10-8/10 tho

Group Leader
leonte died way. too. quickly. good thing the mc got his soul tho

After having read all of S1, yup this is totally Tower of God x Solo Leveling. Biggest complaint I have is the 3d awful looking backgrounds and sometimes even characters are 3d modeled and look just plain ugly

RIP SLR💐⚰️ You only sin was that you weren't a slice of life/comedy manhwa, which is why you weren't popular enough to get a proper release schedule and come out of your eternal hiatus😢

Users who are viewing this thread