See You Tomorrow At The Food Court. - Ch. 21

Group Leader
I could typeset this, just no idea on how to actually contact the uploader aside from writing here
It's back! Wada, my beloved!
Typesetting is somehow okay, if I don't need to redraw big sfx. Hit me up if need help, here or in discord (vint64 too)
I dm'd you guys. Thanks.
Oh shit, I had kinda forgotten about this manga, gotta read up to here (I left it off at ch 10), but I gotta ask: Was there a hiatus or what happened that this new chapter's been uploaded after 9 months?
I mention it in the credits page, but it's just cause I was putting it off cause I hate typesetting. It was originally released in july. Though there is also just giant stretches of time where the author skips months at a time despite comic newtype always saying it has a monthly release schedule. I'm pretty sure they have some other manga they work on, and it's also not a secret that the author doesn't particularly like that food court is so popular compared to their other works. Also there's the secret project they're working on for food court which might be delaying chapters more too.
So there's a lot of factors at play here.
The manga got licensed immediately after serialization by Yen Press, but the serialization isn't available in any official site. Gotta buy it from Bookwalker or the like.
What are you talking about, they're uploaded for free on comic newtype's site.
https://comic.webnewtype.com/contents/foodcourtjk/
It's just incredibly infrequent. Unless you mean the first collected volume, but that's just the original first 15 chapters and you can still read those on newtype too.
it brought back The Nico Knights.
I wouldn't say that...

Dex-chan lover
The manga got licensed immediately after serialization by Yen Press, but the serialization isn't available in any official site. Gotta buy it from Bookwalker or the like.
Oh I see, I was confused because I thought the series was getting a proper serialization but the updates are less frequent now. Sad to see it got licensed and is thus not available here.

Group Leader
Oh I see, I was confused because I thought the series was getting a proper serialization but the updates are less frequent now. Sad to see it got licensed and is thus not available here.
That's not what's happening and that guy doesn't make any sense. The author is just really slow to update but they're all available for free in japanese on https://comic.webnewtype.com/contents/foodcourtjk/ .
The official english release is literally just the first collected volume so far and nothing else, i.e. the first 15 chapters. They are not officially translating this manga on a chapter to chapter basis.
Everything that is currently available outside of a few random twitter short comics that I might have missed is currently translated and on this site right now.
So unless people just want the official english translations of content we already have on this site to also be uploaded to this site, we're not missing anything from this licensing.

Dex-chan lover
That's not what's happening and that guy doesn't make any sense. The author is just really slow to update but they're all available for free in japanese on https://comic.webnewtype.com/contents/foodcourtjk/ .
The official english release is literally just the first collected volume so far and nothing else, i.e. the first 15 chapters. They are not officially translating this manga on a chapter to chapter basis.
Everything that is currently available outside of a few random twitter short comics that I might have missed is currently translated and on this site right now.
So unless people just want the official english translations of content we already have on this site to also be uploaded to this site, we're not missing anything from this licensing.
You just said exactly what I said. WE CAN'T READ MOONRUNES! If we could we wouldn't be in mangadex FFS... WTF is comicnewtype gonna do for us? There is currently no official chapter release in English like mangaplus that dex can link to, so we're basically stuck at the mercy of Yenpress unless someone starts translating again.

Group Leader
You just said exactly what I said. WE CAN'T READ MOONRUNES! If we could we wouldn't be in mangadex FFS... WTF is comicnewtype gonna do for us? There is currently no official chapter release in English like mangaplus that dex can link to, so we're basically stuck at the mercy of Yenpress unless someone starts translating again.
No I didn't and that's not the answer to the original question, which was why there was no chapter release in months, and is incredibly misleading as if the licensing is the cause of that when it just isn't.
The licensing is in no way affecting the release of either the japanese raws nor the translation speed per chapter of this manga at all. The only two things that affected those are how slowly the author updates, which can be easily checked on the newtype website by anyone at anytime to see if there's a new chapter, and me putting off typesetting it which I explained in the credits page, and which I am sorry about and shouldn't happen again in the future as I've found someone to help. Both of these things are details I included in my comments and that you didn't however.
Look I'm sorry if I'm coming off harshly in this and my previous replies to you, and I'm sure you mean well and that you were trying to be helpful to the person asking the question, but your comment was worded in a way as a response to a specific question that can and seemingly has been easily misinterpreted by people to believe that this series is in any way in flux or affected by licensing when it isn't. I've been translating this since chapter 15, even if anonymously, and I will continue to do so, regardless of licensing, until either someone snipes and outdoes me, or this manga ends, so there's no need to worry about whether you'll be able to get tl's of this manga in the future, because you will.
And again, I'm sorry I delayed this chapter for as long as I did to make people think it was dead, and I'm sorry for antagonizing you. I'm not trying to start an argument, I just want to get the facts out there so people know that it's not the licensing to blame in this one case. Sorry again, hope you don't take this too poorly.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You people managed to miss the drama the author had with this series, huh?

Dex-chan lover
On the one hand, Wada is #relatable, but on the other hand man oh man she's really gone full gremlin 2ch poster. Watch over her, Yamamoto.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the info. It's still kind of weird that the author basically stopped releasing new content once he got a proper serialization. You'd think that the author would have the incentive to have more content rather than less with a contract.

Dex-chan lover
Vagueposters gotta vaguepost
I mean, it was a very public meltdown about people preferring this series over their yaoi one. You can search for the details yourself if you are interested enough.

Users who are viewing this thread