Seichou Cheat de Nandemo Dekiru You ni Natta ga, Mushoku Dake wa Yamerarenai You Desu - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Newcomer Maze Conquest

I'm actually kinda surprised at how well the trans woman is being treated by the mangaka. Kinda rare to see that from Japan

Dex-chan lover
@Ani-Matic I'm kinda surprised that there's a trans character like her at all in a manga like this, usually it's all about moe traps and such. I like it 😃

Double-page supporter
I can’t tell whether it’s trans or cross dressing. I think it’s crossdressing, since there’s a beard and the technology of this world seems medieval, but maybe magic could’ve done something, and s/he seems very feminine? Idk lol

Double-page supporter
MMORPG player : I want my character to be stronger, grinding for 24 hours nonstop.
Isekai : I want to become stronger, go out, kill 4 monster then go home.

Dex-chan lover
...Wait... How the fuck does it literally not let you unsheathe even if it's yours and in your hands until you level up? That is... utterly retarded. That even brings into question a lot of things. Like how swords would even be invented when you'd have to level up to use them. And what if you pick up a sword that's not sheathed? What, even if you stab a monster in the eye with it it will bounce off and become blunt or something? What about knives? Are they unlocked? Do I have to level up to fucking cut bread? When does a knife stop being a knife by the system and become a sword? There have been a ton of bladed weapons that have been recognized as knives both legally and commonly and are just as dangerous as swords.

Seriously, it's just so dumb. Why would you be forcibly stopped by some mystical power from using a mere sword that's already in your possession purely because you haven't leveled up to unlock it? That makes no sense - even games that feature melee combat often let you equip weapons you haven't met the prerequisites for and just have worse performance to reflect that (e.g. Dark Souls). And if you're talking about a reality with real people, they're going to do things outside of some limited set of parameters like in a game and will find a way to loophole it. Like, say, using a really fucking big knife instead of a sword. And it's not like not having some game-like skill will stop a sword from cutting. Actually... this scenario is so retarded that it just might do that.

Are there pages missing between 26 and 27? The flow doesn't make any sense here. "Oh, so I can't level up until the fight's over?" *ding* "Yay, level up!" Wait what? The fight didn't end though?

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the secret Joestar technique

giphy.gif

Double-page supporter
Seriously why do so many manga have armour with huge ass shoulder pieces and no plating over the abdomen

Aggregator gang
Why only guild sells weapons? Why is everything so restricted when trying to do business w/ different shops?

This all seems really really needlessly convoluted as to why our mc has to do everything the hard way when he's interacting with in the town(/in society).

Dex-chan lover
Okay, no. Dropped.

"If you survive for 3 years in the maze you'll become a swordsman"
"3 years? So 3 days for me...."
...wat? First, surviving 3 years has nothing to do with XP gain. Second, surprisingly 3years/400speed IS 3 days. How the fuck did our MC become a living calculator?
Also, a slime got 2 levels ONLY in Chapter 1? Think about it. 400 slimes for 2 levels. System's fucked up.
He didn't even think of his sister after dying. "Guild" system feels weird, and the rent-a-slave is way too Deus Ex Machina.

I mean, the universe/premise seems acceptabl...ish. If the TL was decent, maybe it'd make more sense and I'd soldier on. But pass.

Dex-chan lover
Living calculator? My dude, there's 365 days in a year. Close to 400, one would say. If he needs 3 years, that's about 3 days, minus a couple of hours. Like, it's basic thinking.

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely don't understand how the job system works and what benefits staying as No Job has

Also peeps, don't just assume the storeowner's trans. Trans is a very recent very western concept. Unless explicitly mentioned, it probably follows the what old-schoolers would call "okama".

Users who are viewing this thread