Seikai Suru Kado

Dex-chan lover
This was a fantastic anime, I hope the manga does just as well, and hopefully expands on some of the story bits that were rushed.

Watch the Anime. I don't understand why the rating is low, but it's one of my top anime. It represent curiosity, innovation, and desire to advance for the sake of humanity. Just like watching new type humans in Gundam, but 10 times more interesting.

Fed-Kun's army
@kronos00 maybe because the anime ending? The first half is good and then the second half turned into vs villain things, it was started sci-fi and ended with magical half human girl op bs.

Dex-chan lover
The anime was brilliant up until they came up with the cheat conclusion. The entire premise was to have human ingenuity and diplomatic negotiation overcome interdimensional challenges. The ending overturned this premise with what's basically a power ladder move. I hope the manga does better. What I personally don't like is how the start of the anime depicts the visitor as an ambiguous and truly alien godlike being in the Shinto tradition then just gave him humanlike motivation in the end.

I watched the anime when it came out a few years back. I was let down by the pace of the anime, especially in the final act. It touched on a a lot of philosophical topics, but they were largely superficial, as the anime was more about the visuals (which are great) and advancing the plot. When any nuance was feasible, the anime removed any subtext or introspection that could have been possible by using monologues that were far too on the nose for my taste. I'm hoping that the manga will develop the nuances that were glossed over or rushed in the anime.

I'm also hoping that the last third of the anime and the manga differ. After the midpoint in the anime, the story gets worse with each passing episode.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this series. I'll follow it and hope for the best.

@Lepper
Gotta agree with that. I never finished the Anime, just got too bad.

Did enjoy the concept a whole lot though.

Popping this into the Read Later category will check back in year see how far the Translation gets.

Dex-chan lover
If this ends at all like the anime, beware. It took a perfectly interesting plot and shit all over it. I hold no hope for the manga.

Oh, its this series.
The one that had a unique and interesting premise and threw it all away near the end, ruining the whole thing.

@NOUN Yeah, the ending is a bit anticlimatic. But I was still fascinated by the idea behind it. My favorite character is Shinawa Kanata, I think she personifies what the whole show actually was.

I remember this anime it was interesting but the end was let's say I did my best to forget it. Awful isn't even close.

Contributor
YO WHAT
I can't believe it. Thank you for the TL! I've been waiting for this for three years...
I really, really hope that the ending will be better/different. I heard that the original author of this had a radically different idea, but the higher ups at Toei didn't let him go through with it, partially cause it was intended to bee a 24 episode series and they just didn't have the budget or time to do that. Then again, this was only 3 volumes, so if something did change, I doubt it did much...
Or maybe they weren't ready to go all in for what he was thinking of. He's the same guy who did Babylon, and Toei does mostly long running kids' shows.

@SirCuddleschmidt

Someone from the scanlation team posted a comment on MangaUpdates saying the plot is only slightly altered in the manga. The manga is also only 3 volumes, so there are only a few chapters left to be scanlated. Based on the comment on MangaUpdates, I'm not sure if we'll get the third volume anytime soon since the comment from the translator mentioned ignoring the last half of the series as the best way to enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread