Seikatsu Mahoutsukai no Gekokujou - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad that it started with the solo dive first before going with the "students see the light" part, story's starting to take shape.

Thank you for translating these!

Dex-chan lover
where are the rest of the locked chapters that was supposedly be unlocked?

Dex-chan lover
Its nice to see this is taking the route of slow progression and a chill dude following rules to make things and enjoying it, and not "i was weak and to show everyone i got the protagonist power and now i kill dragons without effort".
I still feel power levels are a bit off, non-combat magic guy lvl 1 clearing the WHOLE dungeon solo on his days off. What was it, a week? 3 days? basic combat spells must be insane strong then and this is the babiest baby dungeon to them.

Dex-chan lover
where are the rest of the locked chapters that was supposedly be unlocked?
Most likely still on their site in hopes to lure you over to it, so as to data mine your browser history or whatever it is sites do these days to earn money. Because ad revenue sure as hell doesn't pay much anymore.

Dex-chan lover
I've really enjoyed this manga. I believe ManhwaFreak has done chapters 9 to 12, but they're still locked (and it appears they even stopped unlocking any new chapters despite releasing more chapters) so I'm guessing we won't see any more chapters for this for some time. It'd be nice if someone picked this up.

Dex-chan lover
Most likely still on their site in hopes to lure you over to it, so as to data mine your browser history or whatever it is sites do these days to earn money. Because ad revenue sure as hell doesn't pay much anymore.
oh that website? they went "under maintenance" and their discord is gone.

Aggregator gang
I'm quite enjoying this manga, it goes at its own pace with the story (though I have to say, the dungeon crawling section went a bit too fast in floor progression?). Much better than other titles where it's a constant powercreep... but let's not be mistaken, the powercreep is still here.

As for the scanlator...

I understand their sense of urgency, but guilt-tripping people to do something will make them less likely to do it. Plastering ads all over the pages will also diminish their willingness to go there (watermarking is banned by mangadex's rules), and adding even more credits pages (which are banned by mangadex's rules too, and iirc, only 1 is allowed) will also make people not want to read their scans even in here, they only will if it's the only source for specific titles.

Honestly, you're shooting yourselves in the foot... learn to be kinder to the readers, make them want to go to your website of their own free will, making a lighter mood in the credits, posting some jokes, memes, etc. THAT will make people attached to you and not to the titles you scanlate. Because let's remember, if you don't do it, someone else will, and if you spread worry and other negative emotions, someone else will be fed up and likely pick up your titles to spite you, or simply to not have to deal with all the negativity. We are here to enjoy manga, period. Worrying, pitying others, being angry, frustrated, etc. we want to leave that for our miserable daily lives, not our hobbies... I don't think it's that hard to understand. And this isn't aimed at you specifically, but at anyone that uses these tactics to garner website views.

Also, please remember why people like aggregator sites, even if they're terrible crap like tazmo's stuff years ago: It's less annoying than to keep an endless amount of favourited websites of scanlators that come and go. This is the very reason Mangadex is so loved, it tries its best to be a place for scanlators to post their scans themselves, and even to not do so if they so choose. But also remember, this place also gives you EXPOSURE, something you will hardly get from your website alone.

But anyway, preaching over.

Supporter
A lot of uploads from the group today, is the site dead and they are just pushing the archives up?

This is a fun series, I do enjoy the normal magic in life stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread