Seiken Gakuin no Maken Tsukai - Vol. 7 Ch. 41

Dex-chan lover
It's this asshole again. Also, how come he can't use his powers? I get that Vampire Girl broke it during their fight but I always assumed that you can just fwip it back into existence or something.

Supporter
20240223031749-104db126.png

It makes sense to just use the same old dumb as rocks guy with the two neurons fighting for third place,
but I'm still disgusted to see him.​

Dex-chan lover
Mental block is my guess, got his ego shattered, and now is gonna suffer the ultimate shame, to be a conveniente plot device.
It probably is all about the wielder's mentality, as you become stronger, your confidence in your strength becomes more prominent, and thus their Holy Sword responds appropriately. Much like it was said in this chapter, the opposite is also true, something could happen that blocks their use of their Holy Sword. Like PTSD, or in the case of the idiot, a shattering of their ego and unruly confidence.

Dex-chan lover
This manga's main plot: An unknown gives random buffs to random enemies and pit them against MC and his friends. :wowee:

Fed-Kun's army
It probably is all about the wielder's mentality, as you become stronger, your confidence in your strength becomes more prominent, and thus their Holy Sword responds appropriately. Much like it was said in this chapter, the opposite is also true, something could happen that blocks their use of their Holy Sword. Like PTSD, or in the case of the idiot, a shattering of their ego and unruly confidence.
This is actually correct, Wielder's mental state is a huge factor in the manifestations of their holy sword, Riselia couldn't manifest her holy sword until her mind was free of doubts in order to protect leonis, also we saw in this same chapter Elfiné's Case her Holy sword use to be more powerful than how is now, is due her trauma watching her old squad members die that got weaker.

Also this affected leonis as well, his holy sword didn't manifested until he had to fight his old mentor that became a void lord in order to protect Riselia and the civilians in the area, basically retaking his old Role as a hero

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

What a way to recycle the generic 'asshole' character who was already supposed to be out of the story by this point.

Double-page supporter
Did this just turn into a boiled down Project Moon-iverse? holy swords being the e.g.o, and whatever is going on with "bad emotions" being distortion, complete with hearing voices tempting and taunting you?

Dex-chan lover
Author speed running ruining this manga by bringing this guy back

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Whos this guy again, chat ?
I don't remember this guy at all, but considering his design and reinstatement, I assume it doesn't matter anyway because he'll be gone within a few chapters of becoming relevant again.
He is the mind-control guy that MC and female lead fought near the beginning of the story. The one who somehow managed to take a whole team into a battle as "part of his powers", and still lost to the female lead without MC needing to do much.
He was a really unpleasant person, so those who remember him are looking forward to him dying horribly.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh lord, not this dickweed again. Can we please have him die or become swallowed by the void this time?

Users who are viewing this thread