Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles - Ch. 48 - The Silver Bride

Dex-chan lover
I just binged the entire thing. Man, you can tell the gradual decline of story quality as the volumes go on. This deserves a rating of 5 or 6. The only reason it's slighly high is because of the old ratings propping this up.
Sadly, it's worse than that. By LN volume 20 or so, the author is just dragging the story along on life support. Sad, because this story deserved a decent ending. Instead, the author (and very likely, editor/publisher) are just desperate to milk as much money from this as possible. Could have just written the main story to conclusion, then written some spin-offs if they wanted to explore the garbage that is vol 20+, but nope, they took the way worse option. Not going to put in any spoilers here, but if you'd like, I have reviews on Amz detailing the shenanigans.

Dex-chan lover
Sadly, it's worse than that. By LN volume 20 or so, the author is just dragging the story along on life support. Sad, because this story deserved a decent ending. Instead, the author (and very likely, editor/publisher) are just desperate to milk as much money from this as possible. Could have just written the main story to conclusion, then written some spin-offs if they wanted to explore the garbage that is vol 20+, but nope, they took the way worse option. Not going to put in any spoilers here, but if you'd like, I have reviews on Amz detailing the shenanigans.
Damn, that's horrible

Dex-chan lover
Can someone explain how Ayase Miharu is in the story?

In Ch2 I thought she disappeared while walking home from middle school. Nobody ever saw her again. But Ch35 says she was isekai'ed while walking next to MC's sister?

In the LN, did the sister also disappear that day, and the manga just never mentioned it?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Can someone explain how Ayase Miharu is in the story?

In Ch2 I thought she disappeared while walking home from middle school. Nobody ever saw her again. But Ch35 says she was isekai'ed while walking next to MC's sister?

In the LN, did the sister also disappear that day, and the manga just never mentioned it?

Similarly, in Ch35 the MC says he didn't have a brother, but MC's sister's older brother got isekai'ed in front of her?

Translation mistake?

Dex-chan lover
Well princess, you are one of the reason Celia was no longer smiling. Her favorite student had to run away because you and your gang kept discriminating him.

@spamtrashed I haven't really read the LN. But this is pretty much what happened as explained up to ch 35.

Haruto's parents got divorced when he was a kid. He went with his dad to move to a different city, leaving behind Miharu and his sister (Aki).

When he was of high school age, he went back to the same city. Miharu was supposed to go to the same high school. But she disappeared on the second day of high school. Haruto went on to college, died, and got isekaied.

In the present moment, we found out that Miharu was isekaied back then on the second day of high school. Basically there's a different time flow between Haruto and Ayase. For Haruto, it was 3 years of high school + 1~4 years of college + ~17 years of isekai life. But for Miharu, it was just a couple seconds between disappearance to isekaied.

We also learned that all this time, Ayase was still close to his sister Aki. And that Aki's mother actually remarried, and now Aki has an older step-brother and a younger half-brother. When Ayase disappeared, she was with four other people: Aki, the older step-brother, the younger half-brother, and a female classmate.

In ch 2 manga, Haruto never mentioned that his sister disappeared. Why? Idk. I'm guessing because he was more excited about reunion with Ayase. Probably he and his dad didn't really keep contact with his sister and mother after the divorce.
Also I just peeked the LN, and they only mentioned that there are other students who disappeared.

"MC's sister's older brother got isekai'ed in front of her"
And as I mentioned earlier, this refer to her older step-brother.

Similarly, in Ch35 the MC says he didn't have a brother, but MC's sister's older brother got isekai'ed in front of her?

Translation mistake?
When the MC says he didn't have a brother, he also comments that his mom probably remarried. The MC's sister doesn't acknowledge MC as a brother anymore (you can see this when Miharu mentions Haruto and his sister gets pissed and basically says he isn't her brother). This implies that the older brother she refers to is probably the son of her step-father, so he would be her older step-brother.

As for his sister disappearing with Miharu, Haruto doesn't talk about what happened to his sister before he died. It could be nobody told him his sister disappeared, and he only knew about Miharu because he was obsessed with her. I don't remember if it gets addressed in the LN, and I think the manga right now hasn't explained yet.

Dex-chan lover
Man I had to reread this whole series cause I forgot it all and man was this a shitshow to get here.

Not only does this drag things out but it also inexplicably rushs other parts. Alot of this wouldn't have happened if during the class attack scene he just let them all die, none of them outside of princess and class leader deserved to live.

This whole marriage to save her family also makes no sense when you consider most did the smart thing and ran away to rebel. Also we learn the other wives are terrible to her so again why the flipping heck did she say no to MC outside of delayed drama writing.

Also also with her personality there is no way I'd ever imagine her being this meek especially with the bitchy other wives.

Dex-chan lover
Well princess, you are one of the reason Celia was no longer smiling. Her favorite student had to run away because you and your gang kept discriminating him.

@spamtrashed I haven't really read the LN. But this is pretty much what happened as explained up to ch 35.

Haruto's parents got divorced when he was a kid. He went with his dad to move to a different city, leaving behind Miharu and his sister (Aki).

When he was of high school age, he went back to the same city. Miharu was supposed to go to the same high school. But she disappeared on the second day of high school. Haruto went on to college, died, and got isekaied.

In the present moment, we found out that Miharu was isekaied back then on the second day of high school. Basically there's a different time flow between Haruto and Ayase. For Haruto, it was 3 years of high school + 1~4 years of college + ~17 years of isekai life. But for Miharu, it was just a couple seconds between disappearance to isekaied.

We also learned that all this time, Ayase was still close to his sister Aki. And that Aki's mother actually remarried, and now Aki has an older step-brother and a younger half-brother. When Ayase disappeared, she was with four other people: Aki, the older step-brother, the younger half-brother, and a female classmate.

In ch 2 manga, Haruto never mentioned that his sister disappeared. Why? Idk. I'm guessing because he was more excited about reunion with Ayase. Probably he and his dad didn't really keep contact with his sister and mother after the divorce.
Also I just peeked the LN, and they only mentioned that there are other students who disappeared.

"MC's sister's older brother got isekai'ed in front of her"
And as I mentioned earlier, this refer to her older step-brother.

When the MC says he didn't have a brother, he also comments that his mom probably remarried. The MC's sister doesn't acknowledge MC as a brother anymore (you can see this when Miharu mentions Haruto and his sister gets pissed and basically says he isn't her brother). This implies that the older brother she refers to is probably the son of her step-father, so he would be her older step-brother.

As for his sister disappearing with Miharu, Haruto doesn't talk about what happened to his sister before he died. It could be nobody told him his sister disappeared, and he only knew about Miharu because he was obsessed with her. I don't remember if it gets addressed in the LN, and I think the manga right now hasn't explained yet.

Thanks! You're both really helpful!

Dex-chan lover
Dear goddess, I'm hating this subplot, just skip this boring-ass "puppet marriage" that's only serving for NTR-bait....

Wake me when this sub-plot ends.....
holo_ayakura_juu_779c639efa6966f2c6c17df92d4ff576.jpg
never seen subplot like this as ntr-bait but simply a fuel by author just to cement that their story mc is oh-so-powerful and benevolent

Dex-chan lover
never seen subplot like this as ntr-bait but simply a fuel by author just to cement that their story mc is oh-so-powerful and benevolent
Powerful, benevolent, and utterly ignorant of the many women fawning over him.

It's not a harem if he doesn't know about it, right?

Dex-chan lover
Behold, if you look closely enough at this chapter, you can see that something almost happened! Now the author left WHAT that something was as a mystery for us to solve… was it character growth? Plot? Lore? Any one of those might be the something that almost happened! We’ll just have to see I suppose…

Dex-chan lover
man the art in this game just scares the shit out of me all the characters look like souless puppets and my god everyones eyes

Dex-chan lover
I remember reading the WN, it was a while ago and it seems to may have changed as the event wasn't the same.
Rio decided to let the girl he loved, the sister and the younger brother go to another country for safety reason. As well as he didn't get along with the sister then. There was also another man who was isekaied with the group who figured out that Rio was the reincarnation of the man that the "girl" also loved. I think he was the also the sister's brother. The brother also loved the "girl" and felt Rio was his love rival. For some reason Rio give his confession letter to the brother to be given to the "girl". But the brother drop the letter and broke the seal. He read the letter, which was said to the a crime, as Rio was a royalty from another country. The sister, who was also present, and the brother decided to not deliver the letter at all. In order to conceal the fact that they read the letter and that it suit their own goals. Rio then went to rescue the teacher, as shown in this chapter
It changed a lot from the WN that I wasn't sure if I had read the same story or not... But I was pretty sure that I read Seirei Gensoiki...

Users who are viewing this thread