Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - Parents' Memories

Well... isn't that convenient... In an entire region of a foreign, the second person he talks to is his previously unknown grandmother....

@Firianath wasn't it already mentioned that he was searching for months? I'm pretty sure he talked to a lot of village chieftains and landlords for information.
I have no idea how you thought of it that way.

also @FriendlyDemon , it might look that way if you don't know the reason why they left in the first place...
Don't worry, the lady is trustworthy enough to
have connections to the royal family

Dex-chan lover
@oukamihalf if this is meant to be an axe or an ending, they are doing a bad job at it. The flags are raised silly high for stuff happening, although it feels like some incompatible ones were raised. How can the "parents eloped to escape from grandma, but grandma pretends to like them to secure him as a childmaker and set him up with a cousin to ensure a 'pure' bloodline" and "parents escaped for political reasons and their beloved grandma set up a grave to protect them by pretending they weren't still alive, and now wants to protect mc too by not letting him get swept up in the politics" flags be both flying high?
At least the "mc is going to have to leave the village soon" flag is the most prominent one, so doesn't feel like an end.

@BloodySorcerer The letdown would be
because the MC would take them down so easily and to such an extent, while the MC is very strong the idea of a someone who specializes in hunting down and killing reincarnation would generally lead one to expect that they're used to dealing with people who have bullshit powers. I would guess the issue isn't that the MC wins, or what the MC does after winning, but it can create a disconnect if you *tell* the audience this villain is strong enough to kill people with bullshit powers regularly, and then make him die like a chump without putting up a fight later, because it stretches the imagination how they could amass the reputation that they were given if they're overcome that easily.
Granted, I haven't actually read the webnovel, but it just looked like you misunderstood what the 'letdown' seemed to be from what I could tell.

Fed-Kun's army
@Shanoc5902 No I didn't really misunderstand.
I just find that people usually forget that experience and tactics are not absolute, and you can't really be prepared for everything. IF it was possible then Batman would have never had his back broken by Bane who had way less experience and preparation than himself. That's the problem I have with smart solutions(or finding ways to use a mediocre power in a way that makes it superior than other well round abilities), they only work when you are in control of the situation. Which is why when a character is powerful enough to be considered op, he is op because he doesn't need to rely on his brains to do the job, he is op because even if the enemy can use his brains to read the situation, the mc will still find a way to ignore his planning by simply overpowering whatever the enemy can thow at them. Moreover if the other guy is an assassin, what it means that the guy is smart enough to strike when the enemy is least expecting. Assassins are good because they always know when to strike, they don't need to deal with a reincarnator's or an Isekai Hero op powers, they just need to kill them before they use their cheats, good assassins are effective because they always have the higher ground(they always investigate whoever they want to kill). However this also means that if someone were to expect to be assassinated, and knows the assassin is nearby, it would force the assassin into a direct fight, and when this happens, more often than not the assassin dies, no matter how skilled of an assassin he was. I don't know what really happened for real, but if the assassin didn't have the MC as his target, and if the MC found him in his state, than it doesn't matter how successful he is at assassinating Isekai'd people, I can easily see the MC one shotting the guy

@BloodySorcerer You also have to remember this is a story, so stakes and tension are very important for investment. There can be an issue of dramatic tension, I find it pretty arrogant of you to assert that because maybe it all makes sense, that someone who knows how it plays out is wrong to feel letdown. I'm inclined to believe that I'll also be let down, but when you get to something as impactful as
the assassin that killed your mom
to then
give them the dramatic weight of of random Thug #4 as was implied
would be a pretty big letdown in my book. Maybe when we get to those events in the manga, we'll see that it's handled differently than we were lead to believe, however you admit that you haven't read it but are arguing that the other person didn't understand the text that you haven't read? I fully understand that their interpretation of events could be wrong, but given how often Isekai protagonists will go OP and result in no tension situations that can be a let-down from a narrative perspective I don't find their feelings of being let down and the implied situations and motivations surrounding the event to be implausible even for this story.

Dex-chan lover
i have a feeling the peace wouldn't last long.
shounen manga MC is being of disaster after all

Dex-chan lover
Yeah sure believe the first old lady that tells you she's your grandma... ffs that dude is a idiot....

Users who are viewing this thread