Seiryaku Kekkon wa Otakoi no Hajimari - Ch. 5

Aggregator gang
:huh: oh it's flashback. Also would like to see the geezer's side of why he kept the boy.
Probably cause it’s a boy which means a heir to the family name. It doesn’t seem like the grandpa cares about the boy at all and sees him as a tool.

Glad our FL put the grandpa in his place. Didn’t expect her to be so sharp tongue. I hope it continues and the grandpa doesn’t get redeemed by being “secretly loving” or some crap

Dex-chan lover
-Old Man builds an industrial powerhouse from the sweat of his brow and power of his hands, has a daughter, no male heir
-Daughter turns out to be a slut who has a kid with some street rando, putting everything you built into question
-Take in the kid and make him your heir, put him through all the best schools, discipline him hard so that he becomes a reliable man worthy of his inheritance instead of being a weak-kneed herbivore otaku
-Negotiate a high-level arranged marriage with ancient noble bloodlines so that you can bounce that great-grandkid on your knee just once, assured that your legacy will endure in that child's smile
-Visit your grand-kid and his wife for the first time and encourage them to get to the baby making, the wife comes to her husband's defense, endearing them to each other... all according to keikaku (that means plan)
-9 months later you get to see that beautiful great-grand child get born, dies happy and complete

GRAMPS WINS AGAIN!!!!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Probably cause it’s a boy which means a heir to the family name. It doesn’t seem like the grandpa cares about the boy at all and sees him as a tool.
I dunno, I don't think that's necessarily the only part of it. Him mentioning how his grandson hadn't contacted him other than work makes it sound like he wants to hear from him. Grandpa is a grade A asshole, but I don't think it's as simple as "wanted a successor"

Dex-chan lover
I dunno, I don't think that's necessarily the only part of it. Him mentioning how his grandson hadn't contacted him other than work makes it sound like he wants to hear from him. Grandpa is a grade A asshole, but I don't think it's as simple as "wanted a successor"

I don't think that comment was meant to mask him actually caring for his grandson. I think it was just one more thing he could be critical about because his whole relationship is about emotionally (and seemingly also physically) battering the kid for personal gain. He likely doesn't want his grandson to contact him, he just wants to slag him for not doing so when it's considered proper etiquette.

Dex-chan lover
No, it absolutely is that simple. He doesn't actually care about hearing from Kouichi, but it is a very common remark used by abusers towards their adult children. It's most commonly seen in mothers as a guilt trip.

"I gave birth to you and raised you for 18 years and you don't even have the decency to call every once in awhile? What kind of child are you? I raised you better than that."

It's all about maintaining control over their kids and ensuring their life will never be their own, but rather an extension of the parent's.

Dex-chan lover
I have a feeling we're going to find out that the story he's been fed about his parents is nowhere near the actual truth. We'll find out that his mom wasn't sleeping around and being a whore in either the literal or metaphorical sense. Instead it's going to be that she fell in love with someone who her father would've never approved of. She then made up the story about it being some random guy's child to prevent her father from using his money and connections to destroy the father for daring to sully her family name and then ran off with him first chance she got, leaving her kid behind either because her father forced her to as a condition of him not hunting them down or because she believed that a life spend hiding from her family's wrath would be no life for a child. And the grandfather then runs with this story and twists it further because it's another way he can manipulate the grandson (as evidenced by his attitude of "if you want to prove yourself as worth more than your whore mother then do what I say")

For bonus points her love could turn out to be an idol or a mangaka or something, creating more incentive to hide his identity from her family (since the scandal would ruin him more than if he was joe average salaryman) and giving a through-line for his otaku hobbies because his mother having the same interests is how she met his father. That seems less likely though and unnecessary beyond the more broad outline of my first guess.

Dex-chan lover
uwXP0cN.png

Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss

Users who are viewing this thread