Seishun no After - Vol. 4 Ch. 27 - Flowers Blooming Before the Cherry Blossoms

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the girl mentioned was Umeko after she gave up on everything and time slipped to 30 years ago to end her timeline.
That's fucked up.

Which by this author's logic means it is probable to be true.

Double-page supporter
I mean, the author adds time travel elements and then decides to end the story on a bad ending? All of these decades of lifespan wasted?

I thought the time travel would be a loop instead. They would live together for a while after this last time slip, and then makoto would remember everything and choose Miko. Sakura is bitter and jealous since she can't have him, and that's how she becomes Umeko. Ultimately she loves him too much and wants him happy, so she decides to time slip back to the resort. She takes out her frustration on current day Sakura (and later on college age Makoto) after deciding to step away from their lives forever

....at least that was my headcanon until now
That's what happened though... except it's less she's bitter and more of it's the only way she can have him for the short time she does get to. She chooses to complete the loop.

Dex-chan lover
That's what happened though... except it's less she's bitter and more of it's the only way she can have him for the short time she does get to. She chooses to complete the loop.
Oops sorry I didn't make it clear enough that I thought she would complete the loop at the resort, instead of when they're old and wasted

Dex-chan lover
The plot is convoluted enough that I'd need to reread the whole thing to understand it, but it's such a feel-bad story that I don't really feel like doing that.

So I guess I don't get it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm more interested in why Miiko was with Kurahashi in a room full of cats. Why cats? and Miiko's room also has a cat? And wasn't Kurahashi telling Miiko to give up since he didn't want to make the same mistake?

I have these stupid questions, but overall I am satisfied with this ending.

Dex-chan lover
I'm more interested in why Miiko was with Kurahashi in a room full of cats. Why cats? and Miiko's room also has a cat? And wasn't Kurahashi telling Miiko to give up since he didn't want to make the same mistake?

I have these stupid questions, but overall I am satisfied with this ending.
it's not just a room full of cats, Kurahashi is a vet and that's his clinic. It was never really explained but showed in several chapters. Miiko was probably over at the clinic to help out/maybe she works there now so they're both still around when Makoto is back (and he did).

Group Leader
dunno if this is a loop at this point, sakura is smiling at the end (not in an evil way) and miiko wasted a lot of her life on this life (similar to how this dude did for sakura, but they actually loved each other so its not pathetic) unlike when they originally met and stuff. You’d think that waiting over a decade for him would’ve been mentioned at ANY point in this story beforehand. then again i dont have the 300 iq to understand this, maybe I’m misinterpreting “loop”. I don’t think Umeko is future Sakura especially because she was “reborn” she’d be her own person and also evidenced by Sakura physically being there to timeskip when she pushes mc into the street.
I was really rooting for this story until the ending murdered it harder than Umeko’s cruelty in trying to kill our mc.

Miiko best girl.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm... Plum Blossom. I see. Thanks for the explanation.
Though... I must say. It's a sad story. Well, in a way, it's a relief that everything is resolved. I hope that Sakura doesn't turn into 'Umeko'... Or maybe she does. Maybe.
I hope she doesn't. Toxic memories that pile up like sludge, blocking any ability to experience the present... That's not the type of life I want to see Sakura live. Well, this is the bad end, though.
Ironically, I'll keep hoping in a happy ending. But the truth is, I'll never know. And I think it's better this way. I hope, yes, but I'll never be able to see what happens. It's for the best.

Whether she fully turns into 'Umeko' for whatever reasons, whether she breaks through and tries to change herself from what ultimately is 'another' of her... I just hope she that, at the very least, she won't be beholden to what's happened in the past.
Seek something new. Please. The past will never come back for you, and in fact, it will even run from you. So please. Make it mutual at least. Clinging onto what 'could have been'... I knew it was sad, but I never knew it was this sad.

You know, when the Monsters and the Robots destroy the city together, we don't get a happy ending at all. But I think it should have something, at least. But then again, that would be me eating two bentos.

Dex-chan lover
Kurahashi is the only major character that sucked in this manga, its pretty surprising that such a damaged story can have such good characters, they all deserve happiness, even if its not possible.

Double-page supporter
man that was miserable
everything sucked for everyone involved
except Kurahashi
everyone else had to pay for their mistakes and involvement but he just hung around while stirring shit up and never had to face any consequences

Last edited:
Feel bad for Sakura. Her entire life basically got fucked over by time travel she couldn't control. They may not have ended up together/happy if she didn't time travel, but they all wouldn't be in such a broken mess of a situation.

Users who are viewing this thread