Seiyuu Radio no Ura Omote - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
do you hate her so much that you can't even see the fact that much people showed up in front of their school and through the entire walk proves her point? yes she "lost" but the point still stand
edit: and let's be real here, the mother factually won, the mangaka just played with words to make them win
When did I say anything about her winning or losing? This entire arc was dumb as hell, a woman just forced her own daughter to assemble an angry mob to attack her.

Dex-chan lover
The mom should stop bring a lawyer. She’s both unconvincing and also seems to not know any basic protections for minors.

Dex-chan lover
This part stretched my disbelief the most in the anime (given how grounded this series gets when it comes to the seiyuu career half of things), but the manga executed it perfectly. Those winning panels were great, and I suppose it does show to the mom that even rabid fans could always choose to behave in spite of knowing something they dislike about their idols, which I think was the entire point that the arc tries to tell its readers.

I get high school manga being overdramatic but this was insufferable. Sucks cause the vibe between the two leads is awesome but it focuses way too much on a plot that is not good enough to warrant that. I thought the live confession thing was incredibly over the top and cringe but hey it was a cute display of their bond and serviced that so I was ok with it. At this point you have a whole riot of people who are showing up to either berate or defend these two HS girls, and the focus is on them and their connection to the girls, not the connection between the girls themselves, which like, idgaf about. I, and I imagine most ppl who decided to read this, did so for the connection between the leads primarily, and the setting secondarily.

If you're gonna display the most cringeworthy display of idol brainrot and ppl behaving like scum (and tacitly support their views like how even those who defended them in this chapter started yapping ab how they were hurt by their betrayal (they're f**king underaged, ACTORS who got Doxxed you morons)), at least have the focus be much more on the leads' bond being strengthened through that, rather than making it all about the fans. Idk maybe some may interpret this chap as doing that, but not enough imo. Also heard the actual Yuri doesn't happen forever apparently, so that sucks. Probably will still keep up with this or read it all once it's finished b/c I really enjoy the leads' interactions, but just frustrating.

And everyone's reponse to these complaints about idol culture is always about how that's how it actually is and whatever, idc, I don't want this to be realistic. This thing isn't even tagged as a drama, I expect pure fluff Yuri escapism with just enough drama to make the relationship progress. Like actually, that's crazy how this is not tagged as a drama. But is as a comedy. It's like 80-20 drama to funny.

Dex-chan lover
The mother's plan was absolute shit and stacked in her favor. Get any large enough audience and empower all individuals from said audience to self destruct and its bound to happen. People are irrational.

The fact that it left both her daughter and her friend at the mercy of any potential psychos while basically inviting them is the worst part and no one seemed to care. At the venues theres at least security.

Dex-chan lover
When did I say anything about her winning or losing? This entire arc was dumb as hell, a woman just forced her own daughter to assemble an angry mob to attack her.
she was being sarcastic... She wanted to keep her child safe because stalkers are dangerous so she proposed a hypothetical that they weren't supposed to take seriously, and in the end she was right. There WERE people who were out to get her. It's just that this time around she also had more people on her side.

Hooray! They won! Now what? Her school and address are still available to stalkers. This time around she had loyal fans to protect her from them, but what about in the future? will she always have fans looking out for her in her normal day to day life? FUCK NO!!!

Dex-chan lover
The mother's plan was absolute shit and stacked in her favor. Get any large enough audience and empower all individuals from said audience to self destruct and its bound to happen. People are irrational.

The fact that it left both her daughter and her friend at the mercy of any potential psychos while basically inviting them is the worst part and no one seemed to care. At the venues theres at least security.
because they weren't supposed to actually do it. That would be dangerous. But this is a manga that would rather go "hooray the power of friendship and fandom!" rather than "hey the mom's worries are realistic actually"

Users who are viewing this thread