Sekai de Yuuitsu no Tenshokushi: Job Hopper na Ore wa, Isekai de Subete no Job o Kiwameru Koto ni Shita - Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
There's a reference in Page 6/7 to "Kodoku no Gourmet's" Chapter 12 Page 5, which I guess is kinda like a meme in Japan, after looking it up online. My translation may be off, but it's something along these lines.

image.png
DzrQER-UwAAeoBW
image.png
i never got into the manga, but the live action series is pretty good for what it is , even tho it's like 70% an ad for the restaurants he visits

Dex-chan lover
i wouldn't mind a job hopper kinda class tho i wouldn't wanna get involved in 'doing quests for the king' as opposed to wandering adventurer/guild member lol

Dex-chan lover
now that was quick on letting the secret go!

I quite like this chapter, level up some apothecary!

Dex-chan lover
I love how in every freaking isekai they always find a way to convert the monetary value (sarcasm).
Bro what the fuck just use it as is. Who gives a fuck if 1 copper is 100 Yen or 1 whateverthefuckcurrency.

Dex-chan lover
Can we skip converting isekai currency to irl currency please? To be honest that so stupid for me
I love how in every freaking isekai they always find a way to convert the monetary value (sarcasm).
Bro what the fuck just use it as is. Who gives a fuck if 1 copper is 100 Yen or 1 whateverthefuckcurrency.
It's done so that the younger audience doesn't have to struggle to understand monetary concepts. Remember that shonen, even when written more maturely than most other media out there, is still primarily intended for a younger audience.

Dex-chan lover
"In This World, being alive is all that matters"
Anyone else find it sort of unbelievable that people of another world would say this stuff? Nobody here is saying; "in this world, we eat for sustenance" or "in this world, we work to live" - there's something very alien about it.

You might say "b-b-but this is an isekai, SHE IS AN ALIEN!"; to which I say, shut up! Also these are just humans, or FaNtAsY Humans, so my criticism still applies.

Dex-chan lover
Gratifying to see that the story isn't so lacking in substance that the MC would be allowed to just breeze through everything with sheer OPness, and that he still has to sweat it out to advance.

Double-page supporter
The "convert fantasy coins to yen" trope is the one I hate most in isekai. A farmer in a rural village told you that it's a few silver coins to buy a sandwich, and from that you've somehow managed to not only parse the entire economy of a world you haven't seen, but are comparing it to a world from which there's no direct currency exchange? It's nonsensical. You could be in a world where meat is extremely cheap, or where houses can be built with a thought, or where there's more iron than copper or where certain technologies have yet to be invented. You have no idea yet how to measure the economy. Not to mention every country will have its own currency. As far as 'younger readers' - there's no need to even explain it. Just let them learn as the character learns what things cost.

also apparently this is my 1,000th post

Dex-chan lover
Alright, i'm interested, it's different enough, but lets see how the author takes it, could be great series. let's find out

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's not like this job change skill is omnipotent. Sure, people might take advantage of it to force him a specific job to make money or something, but as we saw on chapter 1 and 2 it all depends on his growth and training, meaning it can be fairly useless or a waste of resources if you don't plan it properly.
Basically, being honest about it and its drawbacks might actually be a good idea here.
further, being honest gave him an opportunity to level the class and learn more about it. That's the thing that usually bothers me about isekai mcs hiding their powers. Some are saying hes stupid for admitting it but hiding your abilities all the time is a HUGE opportunity cost. You lose the chance to learn from others or improve your abilities by constantly hiding them. That wouldn't matter if you fully expect your gifts to carry you through life with no development on your part, but if you want to advance you can't just hide.

Dex-chan lover
His pharmacist job is level 1?

.....does that mean he can level multiple jobs without incurring exp penalty? That translated to multiple times the stats of anyone else, no wonder his mp is jacked.

Dex-chan lover
now that you think about it.
if he can change to non-combat job, he can have unique class combination..
like your standard combat + combat job = advance job but combat + non-combat combi..
well, the mastery of each jobs to unlock (if it does exist) would be pain in the ass.. kekw

Users who are viewing this thread