Sekai Tensei Slum Machi kara no Nariagari - Ch. 1.3

Double-page supporter
Ooooh, im hoping for some cultivation and sharing knowledge with the rest of the peoples in the slums.

I wanna see a village being rebuilt 😭😭😭 information is power and he just got a fking Wikipedia in hand!!

Dex-chan lover
SoL = SOLO LEVELING

Not slice of life.

As soon as that UI had appeared
4jqdbq.jpg

Dex-chan lover
  • I feel like his specific knowledge to distinguish his past life's edible wild plants wouldn't be so useful if not for two things:
    1. His previous world's plants are very similar to his new world's.
    2. That knowledge turned into a skill: Appraisal.
  • The knife he used looks expensive. I also agree that's a dangerous way to handle it.
  • I was wondering what Miinya was mumbling at the very last speech bubble but it was just "エドすきぃ...β™‘" or "I love Ed...β™‘". Cute!

It's been explained that Ilk (Iruku, Ilku, etc.) beans are numerous local specialty, which may have discouraged people (except the extremely starved) to try out unknown food. Also, the people in the slums are refugees of a city without experience in eating wild plants.

Funny how MC said he lead an ordinary life with average grades and skills, but we all know those who introduce themselves that way have 1 or 10 things they're absolutely good at (augmented by isekai cheat or something).

Edit: I'm just reading the WN and it's very different from the manga (I assume the LN too, if any), so I'll stop comparing them.

The horror of Ukraine last year reminded that reality. We eat good while they drink boiled muddy water and attacked nightly by Russia l.

Oh great...
The feared appraisal skill appeared, the bane of any decent story writing and very effective in axing mangas.

Looks like the manga went from a 5/10 last chapter to 1/10 rating

To the uploader and translator: thanks for the upload I guess but don't waste your time with this crap. There as so many other mangas actually deserving of some love.

Aaand I'm out

Group Leader
Btw Miinya i'm not the Ed you loved, i'm just using his body, but i'm sure this will never be a problem in the future!

Group Leader
Can you spoil?
Those two comments in the novelupdate page can answer

Started out with potential but vibe gets more and more wish fulfillment.

I don't mind harem seeking protagonist but every harem member is too young, MC pre-reincarnation age is high school age but still him going nuts on six year olds is very off putting. Harem members rubbing themselves on MC, sleeping together, kissing his cheeks every morning, MC grinning to himself, gives me the creeps, just imagining it makes me want to report MC as a pedo.

First 100 chapters were decent enough. As much as I like s*x, I find the way the author sexualizes the main character and his friends to be disturbing. Their in story age is 6 and younger. The MC just gives off a groomer's vibe and can't keep his eyes off of any of the females in story. It made what was an otherwise pleasant and low tension story kind of tawdry. It's not terrible but there should be none when they're this age.

The story would be more believable if the kids were older.

Dex-chan lover

I don't mind harem seeking protagonist but every harem member is too young, MC pre-reincarnation age is high school age but still him going nuts on six year olds is very off putting. Harem members rubbing themselves on MC, sleeping together, kissing his cheeks every morning, MC grinning to himself, gives me the creeps, just imagining it makes me want to report MC as a pedo.

First 100 chapters were decent enough. As much as I like s*x, I find the way the author sexualizes the main character and his friends to be disturbing. Their in story age is 6 and younger. The MC just gives off a groomer's vibe and can't keep his eyes off of any of the females in story. It made what was an otherwise pleasant and low tension story kind of tawdry. It's not terrible but there should be none when they're this age.

Though I'm not the original person who asked, thanks
eTAax9Z.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
It's because it's a cliche. I don't remember what series it was, but I read one where the MC described their stat screen, and was told that each person perceives it differently, only the reincarnators see a game screen, it's what they expect to see, normal people get a feeling or understanding without a display.
SAO?

Nice try, but I wont continue reading this series no matter how hard you sell it.
cover1.jpg

Even if it had lolis, spending hot nights during cold winters, this can't fix the lazily written story.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm so sick of game UIs being in manga. It's never used well and just detracts from the story. That's how you can tell a well made Isekai/fantasy manga from the mediocre or bad ones.
I agree to disagree.

Not to say that i don't think you have a point of UIs in manga usually being an indication of less quality. (Personally though I find instant, easy, unlimited appraisal a better indicator)

Just that it isn't some distinguishing mark between well made isekai/fantasy series, and mediocre/poor.

I read tons of series. Some are incredible with UI. Some are terrible without. And everything in between.

It's simply a tool, and it is all about how it is used, and how the stories writing is. I don't think series written by most people using this particular tool would be any different in quality if they abstained from it. If it wasn't game UI, it would be something else.

Anyways, sorry you have to deal with this particular tool being the flavor of the decade. I completely get being tired with series continually pulling the same thing without variation, and typically executing it in the most boring manner. It's not many, but I do have my own peeves that disappoint me to see so frequently.

Dex-chan lover
I agree to disagree.

Not to say that i don't think you have a point of UIs in manga usually being an indication of less quality. (Personally though I find instant, easy, unlimited appraisal a better indicator)

Just that it isn't some distinguishing mark between well made isekai/fantasy series, and mediocre/poor.

I read tons of series. Some are incredible with UI. Some are terrible without. And everything in between.

It's simply a tool, and it is all about how it is used, and how the stories writing is. I don't think series written by most people using this particular tool would be any different in quality if they abstained from it. If it wasn't game UI, it would be something else.

Anyways, sorry you have to deal with this particular tool being the flavor of the decade. I completely get being tired with series continually pulling the same thing without variation, and typically executing it in the most boring manner. It's not many, but I do have my own peeves that disappoint me to see so frequently.
Appraisal is another indicator, yes, but I don't think "it's complicated". These elements are a writer's shorthand for "I don't know what the hell I'm doing and I'm just copying what I've seen other successful people do." Copying is just part of the writing experience as anyone with authorial history will tell you, but you can usually tell the quality of writing by /what/ the author has copied from other works.

It's not 100% absolute, but rather a case of "the exception proves the rule". It is a 1/100 chance of an author putting in appraisal, game UIs, and etc and actually still writing a good story. A proverbial hay in a needlestack.

Dex-chan lover
mf drop a banger then completely forgot abt it πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
i think raws are up to 11 but you could make a request for it on reddit tho depending i dont think too manyh ppl are interested in picking up an isekai considering the oversaturation

Dex-chan lover
I'm just amazed by how many people gamers in Japan apparently know how to identify edible wild foods. I wonder if things like this actually inspire sad NEETs to learn how to build things and live off the land just in case they get isekai'd.
Wait you are not prepping in case you get isekai'd?

Dex-chan lover
I'm just amazed by how many people gamers in Japan apparently know how to identify edible wild foods. I wonder if things like this actually inspire sad NEETs to learn how to build things and live off the land just in case they get isekai'd.
i wonder how many slice of life 'forager'/gardening mangas where it takes place in the 'normal' world

i know there's some camping stuff at least, and one with a pair of girls doing trapping(?)/hunting animals that way

Users who are viewing this thread