Sekai Tensei Slum Machi kara no Nariagari - Ch. 1.3

Dex-chan lover
9d552i.png

NO NO NO! Don't do that!
This panel was hard to look at, It's giving me flash backs to when I was teaching my niece to cook. It's like children are trying to kill themselves.

Also don't use a knife to remove the pit of an avocado, use a spoon. It's dangerous, you're going to hurt yourself and you'll ruin the food. No it's not okay when you do it, dumbass. I've seen more skilled chefs than you do it and fuck up their hands.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This is not a believable premise in the slightest.

During times of famine, people would 100% try to eat everything and anything just out of sheer desperation. Anything that would be edible would have been found already through trial and error.

It's also unlikely that anyone from the modern world would have this kind of survivalist knowledge unless they were...well, a survivalist.

Throw on top of that some dreaded isekai video game mechanics and I can already tell this is gonna be a story that will frustrate me to no end.

Dex-chan lover
hahh... i was hoping he just depend on his previous life's knowledge but then of course, appraisal magic... also, Mia just gonna ate everything huh? sorry mom, you gonna go hungry today

9d552i.png

NO NO NO! Don't do that!
This panel was hard to look at, It's giving me flash backs to when I was teaching my niece to cook. It's like children are trying to kill themselves.

Also don't use a knife to remove the pit of an avocado, use a spoon. It's dangerous, you're going to hurt yourself and you'll ruin the food. No it's not okay when you do it, dumbass. I've seen more skilled chefs than you do it and fuck up their hands.
Also that knife costs more than all family can make in lifetime

Dex-chan lover
All that talk about using prior knowledge and he's just relying on appraisal. He finds notsoybeans of all things and makes them into edamame. That's not even something you forage for. Mushrooms, berries, chestnuts, collard greens, wild mustard, ramps, dandelions, watercress, nettle; fiddleheads are all common easily identifiable foods you can forage I named off the top of my head and I'm a complete novice.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Sigh, another .1 .2 .3 .4 ...
If you're gonna release the parts with a few days difference why not just combine them and release a normal chapter. All it does is hurt the manga when it's split into parts, there's no immersion, nothing memorable. It doesn't even register that I read something, it took me literally 90seconds to read, no way am I remembering anything.
You have a point but 1.2 was a month ago so mayeb this group just don't have the time to translate a whole 30 page chapter at once.

Dex-chan lover
I'm just amazed by how many people gamers in Japan apparently know how to identify edible wild foods. I wonder if things like this actually inspire sad NEETs to learn how to build things and live off the land just in case they get isekai'd.

I thought this was going to be a cute manga but after reading the first dozen chapters in the light novel, the MC is disgusting.

Dex-chan lover
All that talk about using prior knowledge and he's just relying on appraisal. He finds notsoybeans of all things and makes them into edamame. That's not even something you forage for. Mushrooms, berries, chestnuts, collard greens, wild mustard, ramps, dandelions, watercress, nettle; fiddleheads are all common easily identifiable foods you can forage I named off the top of my head and I'm a complete novice.
It's vetch, not "notsoybeans". Also, mushrooms are one of those things you absolutely DO NOT forage for unless you know which are totally safe.

Dex-chan lover
  • I feel like his specific knowledge to distinguish his past life's edible wild plants wouldn't be so useful if not for two things:
    1. His previous world's plants are very similar to his new world's.
    2. That knowledge turned into a skill: Appraisal.
  • The knife he used looks expensive. I also agree that's a dangerous way to handle it.
  • I was wondering what Miinya was mumbling at the very last speech bubble but it was just "エドすきぃ...♡" or "I love Ed...♡". Cute!
During times of famine, people would 100% try to eat everything and anything just out of sheer desperation. Anything that would be edible would have been found already through trial and error.
It's been explained that Ilk (Iruku, Ilku, etc.) beans are numerous local specialty, which may have discouraged people (except the extremely starved) to try out unknown food. Also, the people in the slums are refugees of a city without experience in eating wild plants.
It's also unlikely that anyone from the modern world would have this kind of survivalist knowledge unless they were...well, a survivalist.
Funny how MC said he lead an ordinary life with average grades and skills, but we all know those who introduce themselves that way have 1 or 10 things they're absolutely good at (augmented by isekai cheat or something).

Edit: I'm just reading the WN and it's very different from the manga (I assume the LN too, if any), so I'll stop comparing them.

Users who are viewing this thread