Sekainohate de Aimashou

There should be a sequel or a spin-off of this, maybe a different version with an update in visuals or something. Would be interesting.

The romance aspect to me feels severely under-explored/developed. To go into detail...

During that church scene in the Nikolai arc Ryouma's reflection on why she loves the prince now is completely non-existent. I get why it needed to happen for the plot, and maybe it's a translation error, but there was nothing there. This often seems to be an issue with romance manga, where love 'just is' or 'just happens' and characters never delve into why or how their feelings developed the way they did or at all. It doesn't ruin the manga for me because, in all honesty, I'm very much used to anime and manga romances being weak or flimsy in this exact same way, but it does mean that this one's likely going to be forgettable for me. Don't regret reading it, but I am much disappoint. Also Alicia-sama deserved a happy ending too.

Dex-chan lover
I guess my comment needs the spoiler tag.
This is best read in one sitting, before It was so slow coming, and some of the story became painful to read. I stopped before the end, but I reread it today. Ah man, so much better, and the end is so worth it. p.s. the clues to the end are in the very beginning.
kind sir this didnt need a spoiler tag, but thank you for you cautiousness

Dex-chan lover
Seeing this again.... it really has a 8☆?? I mean, I guess this just wasn't for me but frankly I found nearly every aspect of it disappointing and uninteresting. Especially couldn't stand the prince but I guess he got better after I dropped it.

Supporter
Read this years ago and currently on my 10th re-read. Its one of my first manga and i STILL enjoy it.
EDIT: finished it and stille enjoy it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread