Sekitou Elegy - Vol. 8 Ch. 83 - Getting used to things

Dex-chan lover
We passed the halfway point! Took a while, but I'm thankful that someone bothers to translate this story. Japan's lower socioeconomic strata are not well represented in manga, but the main couple and many other characters in this manga are "working poor" for whom higher education never was a possible choice, nice to read about people like that for a change.
Osaka is a good setting for this; A city with the closest Japan has to real slums, lots of people who work in the "water trade" (mizu shobai) and consequently is also a Yakuza stronghold, all of which is reflected in the story.
So thank you for doing this manga, I might not live to see it finished but it would be nice if you could get a third chapter out this year. :D

Thank you for the translation. This manga is unique and I'm glad that you haven't dropped it. I'd like to suggest a similar manga to you for translating. Saru Lock is also narrating the lives of working class people. It has been dropped halfway through. I'll suggest to check it out. It would be awesome if you could pick it up someday.

Users who are viewing this thread