Sekkaku Cheat Wo Moratte Isekai Ni Teni Shita N Dakara, Suki Na You Ni Ikitemitai - Vol. 3 Ch. 17.5

Dex-chan lover
I thought the point was that the magic bullet didn't do enough damage? That's why he's only won by the judge's decision. There's not enough power to incapacitate an opponent. So in a real war, he'd be shooting right up until the point they corner him and cut him in half.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh shit, the new strat is to get girls addicted to elf brothels and stop other kingdoms from reproducing
Fucking knife ears, treating us as goys

Dex-chan lover
Wait, that bothered me since the chapter 16, but how does he gets to look at panties, when they are piloting golems, and how the hell anyone sees him doing it?

Dex-chan lover
I would like to know more about that elf dude, was that some sort of mind control to slowly make her some sort of slave ? If so im sure MC gonna figure it out somehow and then the girl gonna be embarrassed that she talked shit about him.

Dex-chan lover
For those of you that forgot, the male Elf brothel was introduced in the same chapter he went to his first Elf based brothel. It was right next door to the one he went to.

@Laundrysauce Consent is the key here. Taking secret glances up a girl's skirt, and paying for sex at a brothel are not the same. She is wrong about her view of ideal combat, but she is justifiably angry about him taking advantage of the mock battles to peek at women's undergarments.

Dex-chan lover
@BestBoy Riffles were specifically nerfed for mock battles, and blades were made dull If I am not mistaken. I'm pretty sure they don't do any real damage in mock battles by design. I forget what the actual ch said about them but if they truly did little to no damage, then there is no point in allowing them in mock battles, and real combat, in the first place. If they were truly weaker, then the point system in the mock battles should scale to reflect that. Like hit with magic bullet is 1/10 point of hit with sword.

He is a maverick and she is stuck on a mindset of tradition and honor. "This is how it has always been, so it is right. And anything that is different is wrong."

@bestboy

No she's pretty wrong. She feels he's taking advantage of the rules, but it's likely the other way around.

What the guy is using is effectively a pellet gun. It's specifically meant to not do damage while what the others are using have been downgraded from swords to maces. That's still pretty powerful. He's also locked in a small room and has to start at close range. Imagine if they'd assessed whether bolt action rifles were more effective than swords by starting them off at 10m distance.

I'm an open battlefield he could continually use skirmish tactics and continually lead his opponent while firing on him. It's what the Mongols used. It should also be noted that their bows were very ineffective against steel armor, but even if it took 100 arrows, they would eventually be brought down or made to rout. The key was that their mobility meant that they didn't have to fight you until you were exhausted, injured and demoralized.

Dex-chan lover
@spiderbait yeah, they don't realize that he'd be the best pilot. Those who depend on melee only will take a lot of attacks before they can even make one if they can get the chance too. Pretty sure the manga has said a couple times that they are basically playing laser tag. Except Tauro gets hurt due to his high mana and level of control. I still don't really get why he gets hurt as you'd think the link would only be designed to connect your nerves but they can simple set a max sensation level, but maybe they scale the pain down from cannon wound to something like a light punch to nothing

Dex-chan lover
@CraniumAmbiguity He doesn't get hit so he wins through points. Doesn't matter what the scale is. Regardless, he's the only one who can use this technique because of his mana. It's a completely useless technique for 99% of the pilots which means she's right about real combat.

@spiderbait None of that matters when he's the only one who can do it. In a real combat scenario, he'll be outnumbered and cut down when he exhausts his mana from shooting too much. She's right. He's taking advantage of a technique only he can use that won't help him in a real battle. Your Mongol comparison doesn't work when it's literally 1 horse archer instead of an entire army of them.

@BestBoy Well, we don't know what actual ,mid to large scale battle conditions are like. One guy running and shooting while 1000 other guys are in close quarters combat in a grand melee isn't gonna be useful. However, in smaller skirmish/fire teams, that'd be invaluable. There are still a lot of things to be determined at this point. He seems just playing the rules instead of honoring the spirit of it, but we're not exactly sure how this plays out just yet.

If I were the judges though, I'd take into consideration how such tactics could be used in actual combat. I'd rather address the issue now than risk graduating a top solider by marks but completely useless in the field.

@BestBoy just because he's the only one with the mana to make it work doesn't mean that it's a bad technique, or that it won't work in real combat.

Dex-chan lover
@Snooder87 The point of these mock battles is to sharpen the skills of the troops. Fighting against an opponent, like Tauro, who isn't going to act like an actual enemy combatant is just a waste of time for the other pilots.

Dex-chan lover
Does the novel ever introduces a mainstay female character or there will never be one? just curious....

Users who are viewing this thread