Sen wa, Boku o Egaku - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - The road ahead

Aggregator gang
I really like this. The way thing develops, the way they develop and etc but can we get a little bit romance development too? Not much. I just want a little.

Double-page supporter
Goddamnit. Chiaki keeps getting the short stick, doesn't she?
All of the people she's looked up to are leaving the Sumi-e group. No matter how you look at it, she was doing great until Aoyama showed up. It's inevitable that she's gonna blame him for her "perfect world" falling apart.

@MrMcNasty I don't think so, since she should realize it's stupid. Everyone is not leaving because of Aoyama since he didn't actually do anything at all. He just makes them realize faster the inevitable conclusion they would have reached anyway. So them leaving is a fact that would have not changed either way.

Dex-chan lover
@MrMcNasty
More like Aoyama is helping her realize how to truly paint.
She was already stagnating before Aoyama got there anyways

Double-page supporter
@Raydnt @Leonhart93
I know, but I don't expect a teenage girl to be emotionally mature enough to handle this situation properly. He's a rando that immediately got both her sensei and her senpais' attention and stole her spotlight. She can't help but resent the fact that this noob is showing greater improvement than she did when she first started, plus he has that innate ability to "see" the artist's emotions in their work at just a glance.

Imagine if you've been dedicating the majority of your free time (for years) to practice something, under the tutelage of a master, and some homeless-lookin kid wanders into a celebration for your achievements and immediately steals the attention of your sensei. And worse than that, your master takes them under their wing and starts treating them better than they ever treated you. You aren't human if you don't feel jealous in that scenario.

Dex-chan lover
@MrMcNasty I would've agreed with you seeing Chiaki in the past given how uptight she seemed, but considering how friendly she is with Aoyama now even after he's spent quite a while learning with her under Kozan, repeatedly getting his praise and attention, I literally can't see that happening anymore.

It wouldn't make sense for her to suddenly think and act like an irrational petulant child when she's already shown a lot more maturity than that. So, even trying to reason that she's an emotionally immature teenager doesn't work for me.

Group Leader
@MrMcNasty @Tersione I might be cheating here but you’ll love the final 2-3 chapters. As readers we get to understand how deep their relationship really is. By the way we’ll try to do double uploads until we are done with this manga. Hope you enjoy what’s left :p

P.s At least I kept it spoiler free hahaha

Dex-chan lover
@MrMcNasty
There has been no indication anywhere that she is "jealous" of him.
You shouldnt try to create conflicts that dont exist.
From the start, like her grandfather she too was able to see that Aoyama had an eye for art.

Maybe if Aoyama was a genius without even trying she would be upset, but she was able to see that Aoyama had his own issues and problems which shaped how he sees things.

@MrMcNasty Depends on the person, perhaps not seeing it as a competition to either win or lose helps. Besides, he is no way near her level. So far he has only painted orchids, clearly he is just a beginner. He seems to be talented though, but it's not like she is un-talented. They have different strengths and weaknesses.

Group Leader
Is no one going to bring up as argument the fact that she somehow understands him really REALLY well? She won't do anything like blame him for her loss, if it does happen. I don't know, there isn't too much evidence about this, but I think she realises the positive impact he's having on her. Can't wait for the ending, but I dread it at the same time...

Group Leader
His painting was so amazing he sent the MC to the past in a flashback! All this chapter needed was for the MC to see the finished painting and orgasm. It would have been the epitome of artistic skill. lmao.

Also, double release? Guaranteed likable ending? You know everything I want to hear based scanlator-san.

Users who are viewing this thread