Send My Regards to Kenshiro - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - Massage to Revive

Contributor
I bet the yazuka will still die by the end of the story, but in a less-than-satisfying-for-MC's-revenge kind of way, like getting run over (minus the isekai part) or choking to death.

Welp,that was a hell of a cliché. Because he's got cancer ,with the 'you will only die by my hands' heals him.Dumb trash mc.Just let him suffer or just add some more extra slow acting joint pain to feel I 'I killed him'

Double-page supporter
It's a comedy manga but it just isn't doing it for me.
Something is either missing or just overdone/underdone, or just maybe the comedy is just not hitting the right humor accupoint.
just pick one, either be a comedy or an edgy revenge story, it just can't be both.

@greyhud90
It's a dark comedy about an edgy revenge story. The main character is an idiot who spent his life learning how to kill people with acupuncture because he read it in a manga. He's basically the living embodiment of the sunk-cost fallacy, and that's the joke. It's only boring because the author fucked up the anticlimax she had planned for these last two chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@ SmallTinyNeedles how is it sunk-cost fallacy? To me it is almost trope like that the mc ends up saving his mortal enemy. What I dislike is consistent stupidity trying to play it off as comedy. It would be pretty satisfying for me to tell him he has terminal cancer and he will suffer greatly. Shit he doesn't even have to risk going to jail. The only problem is he wasted a lot of time for the revenge, but he learned a valuable skill which he as mastered to a point that exceeds most others.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, author went with the obvious route instead of the satisfying one.

@Liquidxlax
You just described the sunk-cost fallacy. The fallacy is that there are more expedient, satisfying routes he can take for revenge that he won't consider because he already sunk 30 years - the cost - into this goal. That it would crush Kenweeabo to admit that he wasted his life on a delusional goal is supposed to be part of the joke (hence chapter nine).

Dex-chan lover
He should have done nothing, and instead use the accupoints to make the guy impotent, or slowly cripple him, that way he would have a miserable life till the cancer kills him.

i think we’ve reached the point where a certain kind of people will stick through with this

including me

Contributor
Well, looks like he's going to go on to the road to becoming... the Masseuse Idol

Double-page supporter
the yakuza obviously needs to die, but i think his mom who abandoned him to abuse is more of an asshole lol, well who am i kidding, my kenshiro is an angel in the end...

Users who are viewing this thread