Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Entertainment

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, this guy holds his libido?

Anyways its kinda funny the "Kurosubou" thing i laugh so hard.

Dex-chan lover
She lent the bow to Aya, no questions asked.
Can't put 1+1...
But I'm glad that the story and characters are aware of this. While Shizuko is testing our patience this is intentional, to make this story grow with it's "if" scenarios without her as an obstacle. Now I understand.
And I must say, the faces/Shizuko's expressions are getting better and better.

Now I wonder, will Nobunaga marry her?
Will he not even think about this? Shizuko seems to like him well enough.

How many manga volumes are already out?

Dex-chan lover
Now that I read the comments (most of them), my two cents.
I approach this issue by another angle.
Yes, it is simply wrong how they all react to Shizuko's "inventions", it's wrong, no question here.
But here is the thing, even if they know about other or better weapons don't mean that they're desirable weapons. Like it was already discussed here, defying common sense, firearms was easier to produce at that time, at that place.
To begging with, the primary weapon was not the katana, it was the spear.
It's efficient and it's cheap.

The country being fragmented means a lot of small and poor, resource starved, states. They couldn't even produce decent katana, or good quality bows by the lack of decent materials. Spear was the way to good, and they went. Lords of those times left records about teaching their sons/successors to invest on spears.

Muskets raises questions about how to obtain or produce black powder, I don't know how they did, but the gun itself, it could be produced with low quality metal. It was possible to produce so many so fast because there was very well established centers of metal work. Almost all those weapons came from the same few places. It was just a quesition os placing an order for muskets than bells, for example.

By anyway, this author don't really care, right?
He just want to have some fun.
(but don't stop with the discussions that they're good read).

Up on the official site you can read the most recent chapter.
Look how kakoi Shizuko is:

eKouLMa.jpg

@Mogima
"nurturing" makes it sound way creeper.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@Panino
Muskets raises questions about how to obtain or produce black powder

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arquebus#History
Arquebuses were introduced to Japan in 1543 by Portuguese traders who landed by accident on Tanegashima, an island south of Kyūshū in the region controlled by the Shimazu clan
I'd assume they've likely learned powder production from them too.

Fed-Kun's army
@Panino I agree in most cases that the way they react is wrong, but the crossbow has enough advantages over the bow and the matchlock arquebuses of the time that Nobunaga telling his subordinates to outfit a small squad and test them in a siege makes sense.

-far less metal and no need for gunpowder makes it easier to produce and maintain than an arquebus
-the sticking in the lamellar cuirass is BS with a crossbow that light and the bow itself (unless it's supremely shitty, basically slag, armor (or wooden slat?)), but penetrating that thin wooden target is feasible. So a demonstration of more power is accurate.
-the demonstration of less strength and skill needed compared to the daikyu longbow is kind of accurate, so that would also be a point in its favor.

Dex-chan lover
@Panino i need the sauce for that image pls :3
well, you can use other word if you want. but you know what i meant

Dex-chan lover
@amamiya426
What I meant is, they learned how to make, but they had the means to make? It's the same question as how the made the guns and crossbow. They had the material in Japan or had to import?
Hum... if I'm remembering right, I heard about the japanese very fast developing more efficient powder mixtures. I'm wondering now if they did this because they had enough material to experiment, or because they didn't had enough material and needed a more potent formula to use less powder.

@ninjadork
Using crossbows makes much sense here, in this historical inaccurate story.
But in the real word I don't think so, unless if we're talking about crossbows without flexing metal.
And even in this case there's a whole martial schools and discipline to change and adapt for a new weapon.

@Mogima
If making tenderly sex in a onsen in winter is what you meant, I agree.
Source: http://comic-earthstar.jp/detail/sengokukomachi/

Dex-chan lover
I thought while Japanese did not use crossbow, it was known to exist as the Chinese and Korean have used them extensively. The reason the Japanese can't use crossbow is the difficulty in maintain a tool that requires iron, a precious resource in Japan compares to China and Korea. Nobunaga not knowing about crossbow sounds like a bit of a sketch in my opinion. I'm also impressed with time travellers being able to communicate verbally with people from different time period. I would imagine modern language to have evolved so much from its original form that ancient speakers would sound like a dialect.

Double-page supporter
The Art of War part is particularly iffy. Weapons do disappear from use due to cultural reasons, and records of the crossbow's use were nonexistent for that particular period, so I can accept a bit of fudging there. But Sun Tzu's text is surely well known and loved by the more educated daimyo of the time, especially someone as refined as Nobunaga (and his rivals like Shingen and Kenshin).

Having said that, I'm just having fun with how obviously Shizuko is terrified by Nobunaga, how Nobunaga clearly notices her guilelessness, and how Nobunaga is all like, "this pawn is too easy to use, I'm going to become spoiled."

Dex-chan lover
She use crossbow so she doesn't need to wear chest protection right.
Also she is flat to begin with.
I'm gonna go hell

Thanks for the chapter.

For the Art of War bit, maybe he’s wondering how “nanban” people interpret it? After all, things are lost and added in translation all the time

Dex-chan lover
Really hope this doesn't turn out like that potion loli and 80,000 gold coin mangas.
Started to hate them but loved them at first.
Also thanks to Yado Inn for the quick updates.
Poor girl though, feel like she's gonna end up doing alot of things she doesn't want to do.

Dex-chan lover
@KarrotKakes
"Namban" may substitute the westerners for Nobunaga, most of them.
But one of the LN covers has a blonde woman, so, let's hope (and wait another 3 years for the story to get at that point).

"Nanban" was a blanket term for any British or Portuguese colony - particularly the ones in Southeast Asia - hence the name "Southern Barbarians". The isolationist (...there'slimited trade, but still) Japanese of that era saw themselves as superior - if not in tech, then in honor. But even so some of them are fascinated by the developments that go on outside of their little bubble. In particular, firearms, spices and exotic foods.

Users who are viewing this thread