Sengoku Youko - Vol. 17 Ch. 99 - The Poem of Time's Colors in Bloom

I'm sad that he didn't show or couldn't show, Shinsuke and Shakugan together at the end. But still, a good read non the less; a shame that it is not officially translated either to buy it... 😢

Why there is no Tama? She is obviously not dead yet, that's kinda sad without her in last chapter and not showing Shakugan/ Shinsuke how their relationship blooming.

Other than that everything is perfect. Great work from the author and scanlation team. Thank you very much!

yeah, it's a terrible downer they didn't show a all together panel at the end of the currently alive ones but that's life i guess. Tama shouldn't have aged that badly and the other fox lady was just shown for a small detail. i guess it's nature for fox women to be elusive and just... silently disappear.

i wanted more afterthought from the land gods and whatever but eh, this is a good closure enough.

in the end the winter waifu is the one who wins senya just from being immortal, so he has that going for him.

Double-page supporter
so.... what about the void tribe?
did the little sage get a way to saves their nation, or they burn their home?

Dex-chan lover
A satisfying ending
Everything wrapped up well

Alas kinda want to see Shinsuke, Tama, shakuyaku and tsukiko one last time (I mean before they die) :(

Also i guess when Jinka's twin died, his human part dies, along with his fairy eye hence the eyepatch.

10/10 recommended

@normaldood as an earlier chapter stated, Senya said that he was a Descendent. So they survived, how is just up to interpretation. One of the guys is still searching and that’s all we’ll ever know

Well my fears were right, the ending was very rushed these last 5 chapters. Still don't regret reading it though, just wished we got more of the OG squad reuniting but I guess they were pushed to secondary characters do to Senya becoming the MC halfway through the manga. This could of been an all time great if we got maybe 20 more chapters.

Ehhh, a lot was missing, a lot was made up on the spot and even more some characters just didn’t make sense. I like the unrequited feeling of pushing the shounen theme onto the reader, how all the character were always here with us the whole time makes me feel good. At the same time a lot of the character come and go or rarely get time to talk. So that feeling is a little to much seeing as the characters Arnt that good. I liked how it was two different stories and they told readers that. This would have been much more better if it was a long shounen but it would have to much parallels to naruto and others. As to why they have to listen to that mad god women in the mountains when they have reality breaking powers beats me she really was the worst part of the series, her goals and plans made no sense, prolly why tama was not shown in the end. I like how this author wrote better stories but his take on a shounen was still a little original and alright.

Dex-chan lover
@eRW298 Is elder form is shown with an eye patch.
My guess is that it's the only thing that died with his brother since he's now a complete demon and the fairy eye was what linked them.

Also Shinsuke carried the shit out of them.
I wish we could have been his family with Shaku too to be honest...
But goddamn, it was still such an enjoyable read.
Mizukami really do some amazing stories and it's a shame none of his stories were picked for an anime, a really freaking damn shame.
I really wanted to see all the families and kids shinzuke & shaku, ginka & tama, i think we only saw senya family my guess is he eventually give in and had some family with the Yuki onna.

would had been cool that we could see the newer generations still know their relatives when senya visited them, like going into shinzuke village and their descendants knew him and invited him to his house and etc.

I want to imagine that it did happened with every of their descendants.

Dex-chan lover
@eRW298 Is elder form is shown with an eye patch.
My guess is that it's the only thing that died with his brother since he's now a complete demon and the fairy eye was what linked them.

Also Shinsuke carried the shit out of them.
I wish we could have been his family with Shaku too to be honest...
But goddamn, it was still such an enjoyable read.
Mizukami really do some amazing stories and it's a shame none of his stories were picked for an anime, a really freaking damn shame.
Just a friendly reminder that there is an anime adaption going on for this manga

Dex-chan lover
Good manga. Good end. We even get a whole chapter to show the aftermatch, pretty cool. Nice to get a follow up to almost every major character. Can't ignore the fact Tama just went off drinking offscreen tho

Users who are viewing this thread