Sengoku Youko

I binged this in 1 day, to anyone having this series on their waiting list and doubting whether to read it or not, please do. This is a fucking masterpiece, I loved the series so much. The pacing was perfect, character developments as well. The ending was perfect for the series, all in all everything is perfect so just give it a read and enjoy!

@calmbreez
yes

This is a solid 9/10.

The speed at the beginning personally felt a bit fast(characters/problems appeared, got a backstory, fulfilled their purpose, then disappeared, all within like 4 chapters) but that's more my personal opinion, and it evens out and gets a lot better during the middle(started to drag a tiny bit near the last 20 or so chapters)

Besides that the characters were great, I kinda wish they gave Jinka more spotlight rather than just "Oh hey he's a literal god killer now by the by".

The art was good for the most part(And amazing during some panels) and really made the powerful characters feel powerful.

Masterpiece. I always feel sad whenever I'm at the end of stories that are this good. :)

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit I want an anime adaptation for this so bad. Not from whoever the fuck adapted Hoshi no Samidare tho.

How much focus is on the romance?
There is romance tag, but mangadex romance tag are useless. And it doesn't seem from other comments that there is any significant emphasis on romance in the series.

Ending this at chapter 99 was very elegant.

High drama, but there is somehow an implied new age after it all.

How much focus is on the romance?
There is romance tag, but mangadex romance tag are useless. And it doesn't seem from other comments that there is any significant emphasis on romance in the series.
There is nor much romance in the sense of actual love scenes - tough love is a strong motivating force that solves many central knots of the plot. This is a romance in the sense on Arthurian Romance or the Romance of the Three Kingdoms - and epic story based in deep emotions like love, loyalty, and integrity.

pure masterpiece, to this day it's in my top ten of all time

Dex-chan lover
I read this years ago when it was ongoing, to this day this is my gold standard of story telling in manga form. Mizukami Satoshi is a master at developing characters and weaving stories around them.

I encourage anyone reading this comment to give this manga a try, and if you like it, try reading the other works by this author too.

Users who are viewing this thread