Senken Shounen Syndrome - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Lingering Boy, Lingering Girl

Group Leader
Theory time!

So arcaea and I did a bit of thinking about this oneshot.

At the ending when Kaede admitted his regret he was apparently able to touch her. So we might think that when you properly face your regret you get the chance to get rid of it and actually do what held you back. In his case 'messing her up'.

The title of this oneshot is Miren boy - Miren girl. Here I was wondering why it said miren girl... There were only to boys with regrets. But then it hit me: On the last page Tsubaki experienced her own regrets: Maybe she was in love but couldnt tell it Kaede?
This could lead to two possible outcomes:
Due to the fact that she still had lingering regrets (who knows if she ever get past them in her lifetime?) she might end up a miren girl.
*So she will either be a lost because she would be unable to pass on without telling Kaede she loved him
or
*Somehow we might get our happy ending because like in Kaedes case, he just had to gather all his courage and face his regrets... Maybe there would be a way for her to confess to him. No idea how though.

However, this oneshot hurt the most for me. I wished for a happy ending for both of them. :(
The characters really grew on me!

OMG this one broke me heart. It made me cry and I felt so sorry for both the girl and the boy especially when he regretted leaving her behind with out being her first everything and how she promised to wait for him 😭😭😭

Users who are viewing this thread