Senpai is an Otokonoko

a very frustrating read. the drama, very dragging plotholes and oh my gosh the relationships? made me want to drop the manga several times but hey, still a fun read. gonna root for makoto x aoi because it's still hella cute, ryuuji x aoi rivalry makes me want to ship them lmao

also next arc seems to focus on middle school era, I'll miss my babygirl aoi and her family issues 🎶

Contributor
Anyone know if the series is still licensed? Webtoon only has the first 7 chapters up

Group Leader
Anyone know if the series is still licensed? Webtoon only has the first 7 chapters up
Yes, it appears that Webtoon has the first 100 chapters licensed internationally. You'll need to use the app to read it though, since Webtoon has only been releasing it through their Daily Pass system.

shouldn't the continuation of the story (middle school story) be a new title? the title is Senpai wa Otokonoko: Deai-hen

Banned
This is by the same author as menhera kurumi chan manga, I wonder how they'll do a crossdressing character.

Also is this a webtoon version of https://mangadex.org/title/40117/otokonoko-ga-kouhai-ni-kokuhaku-sareru-hanashi?

It's been 4 years.

Pomu handled it so well it's getting an anime.

Unfortunately I'm living in the west, so I'm preparing for any "localizations" and hearing the "gender" debate despite Makoto being just a boy who likes cute things... (I'm already seeing them claim Makoto as trans girl on twitter)
Ffhq9GcX0AMEcE8

With Crunchyroll streaming it, I can't say for certain the translations won't go unaltered.

Cause here in the west there tends to be a bias against femboys and crossdressing boys. Pressuring them to transition into girls.

Skimmed through this series until Ch 104 that is available here in MangaDex after I heard it was getting an anime adaptation since the premise seemed interesting.

The initial setting and 3 recurring characters were fine with me those namely being: the senpai Makoto being a boy that likes cute things and crossdresses; the junior Aoi who likes Makoto despite knowing he crossdresses; and senpai's friend Ryuji who has a thing for senpai and goes back and forth between supporting Makoto x Aoi or getting in between them.

As the story progressed the light hearted chapters were nice in contrast to the drama. The later parts involving Makoto's family was fine and it was nice to see his relationship with his mother improving as he gained acceptance for being the way he is.

That is in contrast with Aoi's family situation (particularly Ch 82 to Ch 99) that led to a lack of parental figure aside from the grandmother which I would describe is a mess and I didn't like reading that part of the story as it was too much drama for me and was a stressful read.

The ending being open ended seems fine since the main characters moved on with their own thing, but there's also looking at it where the story's not concluded since no ships got really shown to have sailed.

Overall, there could have a bit more depth into the characters particularly the main characters and those that introduced complications into the story (Aoi's parents, Makoto's mother). Likely not going to check the anime adaptation out though since the story was just interesting to me at the beginning and not really later on with all the family drama. I've read of people liking this series but its not the kind of story for me.

It's been 4 years.

Pomu handled it so well it's getting an anime.

Unfortunately I'm living in the west, so I'm preparing for any "localizations" and hearing the "gender" debate despite Makoto being just a boy who likes cute things... (I'm already seeing them claim Makoto as trans girl on twitter)
Ffhq9GcX0AMEcE8

With Crunchyroll streaming it, I can't say for certain the translations won't go unaltered.

Cause here in the west there tends to be a bias against femboys and crossdressing boys. Pressuring them to transition into girls.
True, would not be surprised if the translation says that he is trans, would not be the first time it happened.

I did not like the ending. It just felt like after all the events, things stayed as they were. But I'm still greateful for the author ; there's also nothing I can really do. so all I have to say is: It is what it is.

Dex-chan lover
I really like this series but I feel like the ending could have been a bit more fleshed out. I'm also not super interested in going back to before they went through all this character development

Hated Saki's mom character she was shown as the kind of person who ruins everyone's life around them just by being a coward escapist, she escaped her marriage because her husband wanted to move to America, she escaped parenthood when it got too hard to take care of her child, she escaped responsibility by not telling her daughter beforehand about her lover, and even when caught pretended otherwise initially, and then tried to put the burden on her child by saying "If you don't want us to live together we won't!!" or "If you don't want to do anything with me anymore..."... Dude she's 15.... She says her new lover give her the strength to face her past and Saki once again I call cap on it... because if that's the case what about her love for her daughter? can't that give her strength.... she is like that weak person who only chases convenience and should've remain away from Saki... the only reason she seemed to care seems like she wanted a closure to be happy with new lover fella

A lot of chapters, in full color, art is great, and it's a good crossdresser story for actually including bullying, conservative parents and it's not just a guy that's clearly drawn and written as a girl from the start, and also because Makoto explored his gender and accepted that he can still be a boy while liking girly things

but the romance really falls short compared to the rest. love triangle+childhood friend losing is such a common lame trope and i don't believe that it added much value to the story, the character development could've happened without it

and the way it was dealt with Ryuji left a really bad taste in my mouth, leaving it on him still thinking that it's "disgusting" after all the time he didn't want to be seen as "one of them" and the author glossed over it for the rest of the story and didn't show him getting over it, meanwhile Aoi got over all her unrelated problems AND got with Makoto in the end

i wish it was BL but i'd take Ryuji not having feelings for Makoto over what happened here
a shame i couldn't find it satisfying

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread