Sensitive Boy - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - I want to stay positive

Dex-chan lover
Men and women alike can act that way, but in the cases that they do, it's for different reasons. I suspect that while men who hit women are volatile enough to fail to consider that they'll be punished especially gravely for it, women who hit men are either stuck in the frame of mind that they're "weak" (and therefore their violence against a man, "who is strong", doesn't "matter") or they bank on how that's the prevailing sentiment-- even with the man they're hitting, who can easily gravely injure her if he retaliated. The latter has the assailant holding a strange contradiction: they rely on a goodwill they pretend isn't there in order to complete their action unscathed.

This is probably a throwaway moment in that it's likely only used to dynamically introduce this new guy, but thinking about it makes me think about how less seriously we often take female violence in general, especially when it's directed towards a man.

In this particular case, It's true that it's an entitled reaction, but my interpretation is that she was looking at a way to hurt him because she was hurt by her misunderstanding of his intentions (which she interprets as "being hurt by him").
True.

Dex-chan lover
The level of entitlement to slap someone because they were 'leading you on', but actually don't want a romantic relationship. Yowch. Glad he seems to be ok though.

That's why it's good to be communicating with the other person before going on dates. He should have told her "Hey, I don't date for romance"

Then again, he's a high schooler and still discovering himself

Dex-chan lover
That's why it's good to be communicating with the other person before going on dates. He should have told her "Hey, I don't date for romance"

Then again, he's a high schooler and still discovering himself
You're making the assumption that he did go on dates in the first place or that he didn't do something similar to what you said. That's actually showing your bias against him.

It actually would not be in line with his general character to lead a girl on. A lot of people are calling him a new character. He's not. We have seen him before and seen a little of his personality.

In an earlier chapter, he was talking to another person specifically about how he doesn't want to date anyone and how it's been a while since he last dated and that he's fine with that.

Dex-chan lover
You're making the assumption that he did go on dates in the first place or that he didn't do something similar to what you said. That's actually showing your bias against him.

It actually would not be in line with his general character to lead a girl on. A lot of people are calling him a new character. He's not. We have seen him before and seen a little of his personality.

In an earlier chapter, he was talking to another person specifically about how he doesn't want to date anyone and how it's been a while since he last dated and that he's fine with that.

??????????????? I'm not biased against him?????????? :question: I like his character??????? Aren't you the one assuming now??????? I know he's not a new character so why??????????

Dex-chan lover
??????????????? I'm not biased against him?????????? :question: I like his character??????? Aren't you the one assuming now??????? I know he's not a new character so why??????????

Your own words were "He should have told her "Hey, I don't date for romance""

That means you believe he didn't do that already, indicating that you don't view him as meeting your standard.

And I wasn't trying to imply you thought he was new. That's my fault for not being clearer. I was talking about other people.

Dex-chan lover
Men and women alike can act that way, but in the cases that they do, it's for different reasons. I suspect that while men who hit women are volatile enough to fail to consider that they'll be punished especially gravely for it, women who hit men are either stuck in the frame of mind that they're "weak" (and therefore their violence against a man, "who is strong", doesn't "matter") or they bank on how that's the prevailing sentiment-- even with the man they're hitting, who can easily gravely injure her if he retaliated. The latter has the assailant holding a strange contradiction: they rely on a goodwill they pretend isn't there in order to complete their action unscathed.

This is probably a throwaway moment in that it's likely only used to dynamically introduce this new guy, but thinking about it makes me think about how less seriously we often take female violence in general, especially when it's directed towards a man.

In this particular case, It's true that it's an entitled reaction, but my interpretation is that she was looking at a way to hurt him because she was hurt by her misunderstanding of his intentions (which she interprets as "being hurt by him").
It is quite sad that that's how a lot of people see violence against men.
Your wife is beating you, so you go to the police and tell them? Then they laugh at your face and call you weak.
Your girlfriend is angry because you didn't tell her you were going to go out with your friends, so she hits you with a pan hard enough that you start bleeding. Then you go to the police to press charges, but they laugh at you and tell you to f off?

We see Kaede's friends being supportive, same with the teacher in the boy's school, and we know the teacher got kicked out of the school for what she did, but I think that was it. No prison or being put in the sex offenders list or anything. That's a pretty lenient punishment imo, when you have men who do the same face far worse punishments and also a fair degree of social death.

I don't remember where I read or saw it, but women get fewer years in prison for the same kind of crimes than men do. On top of violence done by women towards men as "not a big deal", "not important", "nonexistent"... heck, there are tons of organizations out there that help women who are suffering domestic abuse or were victims of any kind of violence, but I don't think there are many (if any) for men. It should be "Ending violence against women", it should be "Ending violence".

I wonder if the author will dig deeper into that argument (violence from women against men and not suffering any consequences). Would be interesting, but probably tricky to pull off. I just hope Kaede doesn't have to go through that again.

man don't go rising flags by saying "even if I were to get hurt"
someone plz spoile me what happend after chapter 31

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else feel like this has too much twitter-esque moral speech?
Idk, it feels a bit preachy at times. More tell than show.

Dex-chan lover
man don't go rising flags by saying "even if I were to get hurt"
someone plz spoile me what happend after chapter 31
Literally no one can do that for you.

There are no chapters released yet after 31, even in Japanese. You have to go to the author if you want spoilers after that point.

Dex-chan lover
God the art in this series's is always so expressive its very nice to see.
Also nice to see the flames wars are back to some extent again over things that haven't even happened or we haven't seen yet.

Thanks everyone over at Tanzanite Scans for another amazing translation.

Dex-chan lover
Your own words were "He should have told her "Hey, I don't date for romance""

That means you believe he didn't do that already, indicating that you don't view him as meeting your standard.

And I wasn't trying to imply you thought he was new. That's my fault for not being clearer. I was talking about other people.

"Meeting my standard"????? My dude, I'm saying that he should be honest if he doesn't want to date for romance and NOTHING WRONG with it. Many people date to have fun or make friends. I am semi aromatic. Did you know that people can date for many reasons? I'm not saying it's a bad thing but saying about the character's actions.

If it was "my standards" then I'd make him a happy-go-lucky pansexual aromatic.

Supporter
God the art in this series's is always so expressive its very nice to see.
Also nice to see the flames wars are back to some extent again over things that haven't even happened or we haven't seen yet.

Thanks everyone over at Tanzanite Scans for another amazing translation.
I'm really glad that Tanzanite is putting out such good translations for this series. It would be a shame to see a story that deals with such a sensitive topic presented with some of the poor ESL or MTL translations you generally see on other titles.

Dex-chan lover
Oh hey I didn't expect this guy to get action anytime soon

Users who are viewing this thread