Sentai Daishikkaku - Vol. 12 Ch. 103 - Akane Yamabuki, Ages 10, 17, 23

Dex-chan lover
So the only bad Keepers are Red & Yellow? Pink is still in the unknown minus her being a big bro-con. We know D will live through this since he’s our MC. Thanks for the chapter.
Pink to me fit's Neutral. She doesn't care about anything other than keeping her brother safe so isn't an insane maniac like red, a psychopath villain like yellow or actually good people who care about people like Green and Blue.

Dex-chan lover
Yamabuki: "You're evil!"
Y keeper: "U too lol"
Yamabuki:

spongebob.jpg

Dex-chan lover
demmit Yellow, who'd yer think yer arrrgh???

on a side note, i wanna see more of Suzukiri as the last surviving original Dragon keepers instead of these artificial one. whelp folks, see you on next sunday.

Fed-Kun's army
Pink to me fit's Neutral. She doesn't care about anything other than keeping her brother safe so isn't an insane maniac like red, a psychopath villain like yellow or actually good people who care about people like Green and Blue.
Mhm yeah…
Pink only wants to keep her brother safe and nothing else.
cough cough
Don’t mind what she keeps in her bedroom.

Dex-chan lover
Yellow: "Yes, I have committed numerous human rights abuses, chiefly when I sacrificed people to make weapons from their flesh, and forced a girl to live until she was fully grown and had the most flesh to harvest. Yeah, that was pretty poggers. But you also did some petty and hurtful things tbqh."

Yamabuki: "Time to kms myself I guess."

Negi what the fuck?

I feel like the character writing until now has been fairly good. But that was just bizarre.

Fuckin' slow down mate. There's really no need to rush the plot like this.

Yellow: "Yes, I have committed numerous human rights abuses, chiefly when I sacrificed people to make weapons from their flesh, and forced a girl to live until she was fully grown and had the most flesh to harvest. Yeah, that was pretty poggers. But you also did some petty and hurtful things tbqh."

Yamabuki: "Time to kms myself I guess."

Negi what the fuck?

I feel like the character writing until now has been fairly good. But that was just bizarre.

Fuckin' slow down mate. There's really no need to rush the plot like this.
The point was that she believed herself to only do good, she was not on her right mind and yellow also told her that while he did shitty things he acknowledged it because it's his conviction that for good to be he has to do bad as well, something she couldn't do

Dex-chan lover
The point was that she believed herself to only do good, she was not on her right mind and yellow also told her that while he did shitty things he acknowledged it because it's his conviction that for good to be he has to do bad as well, something she couldn't do
I mean, I understand the moral reasoning, but lacking self awareness isn't a mortal sin, especially since no human that she ever "judged" actually died as a result of her actions. Her realizing that she's an obnoxious moralistic busybody who may have gone too hard in the past isn't something that warrants suicide. That's just not something I could imagine a real person actually doing.

Yellow being a piece of shit makes sense. Power desensitizes people to the suffering of others. It's easy to adopt a mindset of "the ends justify the means" when you're powerful enough to be above the consequences of your actions. But Yamabuki killing herself for what is a perfectly normal human failing (lack of self awareness), and for crimes of ultimately little consequence (some people got hurt but no humans died) - none of that is worth the death penalty. And we don't get to see enough of her character to observe why she clearly thinks its worth the death penalty. So her suicide just comes across as bizarre, insane behavior - or it would, if this was real life. Since its fiction, it just feels like it wasn't thought through.

Actually, now that I think about it, why does this chapter even exist? Much of it was devoted to a background for a character who died at the end, and it cluttered up an already very dense narrative sequence. All we learned from this chapter is that Yellow is a sociopathic asshole - but we already knew that. Unless Yamabuki actually survives somehow, from a narrative standpoint, this chapter seems totally superfluous. If she survives, then this could establish her character now. But given how many other side characters have gotten backstory blurbs before being immediately killed. I'm not optimistic that this will be different.

I mean, I understand the moral reasoning, but lacking self awareness isn't a mortal sin, especially since no human that she ever "judged" actually died as a result of her actions. Her realizing that she's an obnoxious moralistic busybody who may have gone too hard in the past isn't something that warrants suicide. That's just not something I could imagine a real person actually doing.

Yellow being a piece of shit makes sense. Power desensitizes people to the suffering of others. It's easy to adopt a mindset of "the ends justify the means" when you're powerful enough to be above the consequences of your actions. But Yamabuki killing herself for what is a perfectly normal human failing (lack of self awareness), and for crimes of ultimately little consequence (some people got hurt but no humans died) - none of that is worth the death penalty. And we don't get to see enough of her character to observe why she clearly thinks its worth the death penalty. So her suicide just comes across as bizarre, insane behavior - or it would, if this was real life. Since its fiction, it just feels like it wasn't thought through.

Actually, now that I think about it, why does this chapter even exist? Much of it was devoted to a background for a character who died at the end, and it cluttered up an already very dense narrative sequence. All we learned from this chapter is that Yellow is a sociopathic asshole - but we already knew that. Unless Yamabuki actually survives somehow, from a narrative standpoint, this chapter seems totally superfluous. If she survives, then this could establish her character now. But given how many other side characters have gotten backstory blurbs before being immediately killed. I'm not optimistic that this will be different.
I want to believe she didn't die as it's the first time her face has been revealed, not even in the flashbacks, and she is also with D and he obviously survived.

As for her reasons we in fact have been shown through the whole three way battle part, in fact it's not even the first time in this part that the whole problem of her ignoring her own sins has been shown as she herself has seen the experiments made on the rangers and thought that was the correct answer against the invaders, we also see that she doesn't believe in herself she believes in the justice brought by the rangers when she started to doubt yellow he confronted her with harsh truth and she herself accepted that she didn't have the resolution to continue the path yellow does which then she takes the decision to at least end herself as a sacrifice for what she believes is the greater good that is letting yellow escape from there.

Users who are viewing this thread