Sentai Daishikkaku - Vol. 12 Ch. 103 - Akane Yamabuki, Ages 10, 17, 23

Dex-chan lover
I want to believe she didn't die as it's the first time her face has been revealed, not even in the flashbacks, and she is also with D and he obviously survived.
I forgot the extent to which she was aware of and involved in the sacrifice of the people who would become weapons. Her actions make more sense in light of that. That's helpful - thank you.

Something to consider, though - D has regenerative powers, and she doesn't. They're falling into a giant vat of Piranha Solution. Unless they grab hold of something, she's toast.

I also wouldn't put too much stock into her face reveal. The reveal of her face may have purely symbolic meaning. Her eyes have been covered by this opaque band, almost like a blindfold. But once her eyes were opened to her own evils by Yellow, the blindfold came off. I suspect that's just pure symbolism, and she's definitely going to die. I'd like to be wrong though. Guess time will tell if she comes back.

I forgot the extent to which she was aware of and involved in the sacrifice of the people who would become weapons. Her actions make more sense in light of that. That's helpful - thank you.

Something to consider, though - D has regenerative powers, and she doesn't. They're falling into a giant vat of Piranha Solution. Unless they grab hold of something, she's toast.

I also wouldn't put too much stock into her face reveal. The reveal of her face may have purely symbolic meaning. Her eyes have been covered by this opaque band, almost like a blindfold. But once her eyes were opened to her own evils by Yellow, the blindfold came off. I suspect that's just pure symbolism, and she's definitely going to die. I'd like to be wrong though. Guess time will tell if she comes back.
That's why i said i want to believe sincerely i liked her character, and i would love to see her more tho it's tru i know a face reveal doesn't mean it will save her but it was just weird how that's the last thing we see.

Also i think she would complement well with D's personality of not seeing the damage his actions do, and she can also make the plot advance helping D with knowledge

Dex-chan lover
That's why i said i want to believe sincerely i liked her character, and i would love to see her more tho it's tru i know a face reveal doesn't mean it will save her but it was just weird how that's the last thing we see.

Also i think she would complement well with D's personality of not seeing the damage his actions do, and she can also make the plot advance helping D with knowledge
I don't think it's that weird. She saw herself for who she was, and she couldn't live with that, so she decided to end it. The reveal of her eyes is just acknowledging that.

I also agree with that you - I think she'd be a great foil for D, and she could honestly help the reader a lot by providing useful clarification to D. God knows this claustrophobic mess of an arc needs it.

Edit: I just noticed that this panel on page 16 shows them both splashing in together. Fair to say she's gone. RIP.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Negi my man
Not everyone needs a sudden flashback
It's not gonna make me care about em for 3 pages

Users who are viewing this thread