Sentai Daishikkaku - Vol. 13 Ch. 119 - Three-Way Battle, Part 21

Dex-chan lover
Shun is the red member guy right?

Shun clearly doesn't recognize Sakurama. If he did, heavy doubts he'd believe sakurama would kill her. Sakuramas own sister couldn't even recognize him. His anger is purely vengeful, rather than evil. Just like the rest of the pink battalion, he too cared alot.

There was a minor flashback showing the three were childhood "friends" in the orphanage.
There is no reason for him to be vengeful of Hibiki in this form, it's the first time they meet. He didn't even see who killed Pink.

Dex-chan lover
There is no reason for him to be vengeful of Hibiki in this form, it's the first time they meet. He didn't even see who killed Pink.
They (Shun and Pink Battalion) took Blue Battalion Dip's word.

Page 9, Pink battalion shows up. They see a "figure" and even question if its an invader or a puppet.
Page 10, One of the members recognizes the one on the floor, slashes at Hibiki to get him to move, and bears witness to the corpse.
Page 11, Pink Battalion believe it could only be the guy who was in front of her corpse at the time. Hibiki naturally denies this.
Page 12, Blue Dip is awake, and he claims he saw Hibiki kill Pink, then claims Hibiki is a "monstrous Invader."
Page 13, Shun looks down to see Pink's corpse, before claiming "I'll be the one to punish you."

Shun and Battalion are far more likely to believe a "Fellow Ranger who was there" than a "guy they know nothing about who also has quite a frightening appearance." Especially in an emotionally restless and aggressive state after seeing their beloved leader die.

Double-page supporter
So is Hisui the only (fully) human member of green batallion now?

Dex-chan lover
They (Shun and Pink Battalion) took Blue Battalion Dip's word.

Page 9, Pink battalion shows up. They see a "figure" and even question if its an invader or a puppet.
Page 10, One of the members recognizes the one on the floor, slashes at Hibiki to get him to move, and bears witness to the corpse.
Page 11, Pink Battalion believe it could only be the guy who was in front of her corpse at the time. Hibiki naturally denies this.
Page 12, Blue Dip is awake, and he claims he saw Hibiki kill Pink, then claims Hibiki is a "monstrous Invader."
Page 13, Shun looks down to see Pink's corpse, before claiming "I'll be the one to punish you."

Shun and Battalion are far more likely to believe a "Fellow Ranger who was there" than a "guy they know nothing about who also has quite a frightening appearance." Especially in an emotionally restless and aggressive state after seeing their beloved leader die.
The whole Shun character is a scary looking, rebellious guy, now he will just side with this random nobody from Blue Battalion just because the supposed aggressor is also scary looking? He's different from the Pink Battalion, he didn't "believe" the Blue guy, he fully affirm the Blue guy's testimony just to gain justification to attack the scary looking guy for whatever reason.

Dex-chan lover
I can see her gouging her eye out in the near future to prove she is in control. I'm positive the parasite invader must be living there

Dex-chan lover
The whole Shun character is a scary looking, rebellious guy, now he will just side with this random nobody from Blue Battalion just because the supposed aggressor is also scary looking? He's different from the Pink Battalion, he didn't "believe" the Blue guy, he fully affirm the Blue guy's testimony just to gain justification to attack the scary looking guy for whatever reason.
I mean. If that's how you want to interpret the scene. I'm personally more inclined he'd believe a random ranger who was on the scene, currently dying, than the monster himself, who looks completely fine.

In support of your thoughts, hibiki calls shun by name, and he doesn't question why the monster knows his name. My interpretation of the scene suggests he's too distraught over the loss of sesera for him to register anything outside of killing whoever did it.
Who's more likely to lie in that situation? Ranger on the verge of death, or the scary "monster" he claims is responsible for it?

Mild tangent
It notes that the only real canon scene (IIRC) we've seen with Sesera and Shun is chapter 112 . Where Shun bullies Sesera. Why should he care about her?
This too is my own hypothesis but it's probably "regrets he made her suffer" and/or "she's someone to strive to become" as the person he knocked down is now a dragon Keeper. Top dog. Despite having her legs literally crushed. I can't even imagine how she passed ranger academy with that kind of handicap. Shun probably secretly idolized her.

Aggregator gang
Guess who's back, Back again?
Green is back, tell a friend.
Guess who's back? Guess who's back?
Guess who's back?

Group Leader
I mean. If that's how you want to interpret the scene. I'm personally more inclined he'd believe a random ranger who was on the scene, currently dying, than the monster himself, who looks completely fine.

In support of your thoughts, hibiki calls shun by name, and he doesn't question why the monster knows his name. My interpretation of the scene suggests he's too distraught over the loss of sesera for him to register anything outside of killing whoever did it.
Who's more likely to lie in that situation? Ranger on the verge of death, or the scary "monster" he claims is responsible for it?

Mild tangent
It notes that the only real canon scene (IIRC) we've seen with Sesera and Shun is chapter 112 . Where Shun bullies Sesera. Why should he care about her?
This too is my own hypothesis but it's probably "regrets he made her suffer" and/or "she's someone to strive to become" as the person he knocked down is now a dragon Keeper. Top dog. Despite having her legs literally crushed. I can't even imagine how she passed ranger academy with that kind of handicap. Shun probably secretly idolized her.
I always suspected that Shun's behaviour towards her in the orphanage was him lashing out because he couldn't stand to see her put herself through the pain and humiliation that she was putting herself through with little benefit, so he took on the "bad guy" persona to try and make her stop, something we've seen semi-consistently with him throughout the series. I would bet it might be something to do with his facepaint as well.

Dex-chan lover
YOOOOOO YEAH BABY! GREEN BATALION IS BACK!!!

Now Angle may not be best girl, but I have a soft spot for her... because she's the waifu! Goooo D X Angel!!!!! And absolutely love every scene of her with D from being his support, wanting to follow him dominate the world, her cute face hugging a confused D, her immediate yandere stare and declaration for D. I just love it all and my secret ship stocks is over the moon right now! Also love how Chidori knows whats going on and likes it. And before I forget, Angel never knew D was fake Hibiki because even her dad did say anything and he was just to good at Disguising. Angel is also so after that true invader D-

To be fair for nobody recognizing Hibiki, if even his own sister couldn't recongize him what makes you think anyone else can? Let alone mentally unstable loyal people who practically knows her breathing pattern? Shun on the other hand, he's the only person who can be excused. He's not mentally ill, he's known Pink Ranger almost all his life, also probably had a crush on her lol, is pretty much a tsundere and too good at playing the role of a bad guy, and is at deaths door. But honestly, Hibiki can't catch a break and Karma ain't doing its thing. Half of the Blue Battalion is also mentally ill

Also sine nobdy really is talking about it, Urabe is like one of the few remaining reasonable and good characters outside of Green Battalion. I mean look at him, he knows XX isn't really that bad (or that all invaders are) and even trying to avoid the conflict by running away with her

Man this gotta be at least top 20 to 30 chapters, love it so much

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Again, it's not about he "believing" a random ranger, it's about how he giving his false "witness statement". Completely different thing. The former might be just a bit foolish considering he is in the midst of a chaos, but the later is just a malice.

Hibiki wasn't shown as a monster either. In that chaos, that much wound isn't that impossible for a human to attain. Again, this is not about him "believing" a random ranger(oh god, how many times do I have to type this to get the point across), he clearly have a malice intent for whatever deformed human that supposedly to only appears in front of him just now.

Double-page supporter
gang's back :win:
many thanks for the chapter as always
seems like i getting addicted to this one

Users who are viewing this thread