Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! - Vol. 9 Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
Page 10: "If they had such technology, why didn't they use it on the tank?"

Maybe they didn't have such sci-fi technology when they built a WW2-era tank... I'm surprised a "genius scientist" like Lilith actually asked that kind of question.

Dex-chan lover
It's about time we got some Kisaragi again! Also, my heart's gonna fail on me if Rose keeps being this cute. She deserves a good family with a backstory like that, and that teary request was just way too dangerous.

Dex-chan lover
Page 10: "If they had such technology, why didn't they use it on the tank?"

Maybe they didn't have such sci-fi technology when they built a WW2-era tank... I'm surprised a "genius scientist" like Lilith actually asked that kind of question.
Ma dude stainless metal isnt a scifi era material
Here it is the wikipedia for stainless steel-https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel , and the first of such steel was made in large quantities in the 19th and early 20th century so no, her question is still valid although , its kinda like if somebody from the future asked why the heck do we not use tanks with luxury car interior, and the only answer is cutting costs.

Dex-chan lover
Ma dude stainless metal isnt a scifi era material
Here it is the wikipedia for stainless steel-https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel , and the first of such steel was made in large quantities in the 19th and early 20th century so no, her question is still valid although , its kinda like if somebody from the future asked why the heck do we not use tanks with luxury car interior, and the only answer is cutting costs.
You do realize even stainless steel doesn't last forever, right?

Stainless steel lasts forever.” Not true – all stainless steel will eventually rust out. However, 304 stainless won’t rust out for at least 20 years. 409 stainless, which contains less Chromium and is therefore less expensive, won’t rust out for at least 8 years.
Source: https://www.exhaustvideos.com/faq/stainless-vs-aluminized-steel-exhaust-system/
Feel free to provide a source that says otherwise.

Having built her own devices, I'm sure Lilith would know the properties of the materials she uses (unless she doesn't know about stainless steel for some reason).

Now, it's not like I have any tangible proof, but I'm pretty sure more than 20 years have passed between that WW2 era tank and that sci-fi base with floating light bulbs and humanoid robots implied to be sentient. I'm also pretty sure more than 20 years have passed between that sci-fi base and the technological collapse that led to the medieval monarchy we have now.

Even if that tank was made of the highest quality stainless steel, it's doubtful it would've remained in pristine condition with absolutely no maintenance whatsoever for what might very well have been several centuries, maybe even a millenium or two.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You do realize even stainless steel doesn't last forever, right?

Source: https://www.exhaustvideos.com/faq/stainless-vs-aluminized-steel-exhaust-system/
Feel free to provide a source that says otherwise.

Having built her own devices, I'm sure Lilith would know the properties of the materials she uses (unless she doesn't know about stainless steel for some reason).

Now, it's not like I have any tangible proof, but I'm pretty sure more than 20 years have passed between that WW2 era tank and that sci-fi base with floating light bulbs and humanoid robots implied to be sentient. I'm also pretty sure more than 20 years have passed between that sci-fi base and the technological collapse that led to the medieval monarchy we have now.

Even if that tank was made of the highest quality stainless steel, it's doubtful it would've remained in pristine condition with absolutely no maintenance whatsoever for what might very well have been several centuries, maybe even a millenium or two.
Source:https://www.kloecknermetals.com/blog/does-stainless-steel-rust/

Well stainless steel is in fact corrosion free , if its not being influenced by any kind of element like High concentrations of phosphoric acid or nitric acid Environmental stress ,Elevated temperatures Strong chlorides like salt ,Welding two different varieties of stainless steel together Welding stainless steel to iron or carbon steel, Any extreme environment, your link is about a stainless steel exaust pipe which is always exposed to high temperatures as such it corrodes, not only that the steel 409 corrodes so fast because of salt used in places with high chance of snow , which a strong chloride now you may say , how could you know that base wasnt open all this time like we saw lthis chapter well because , its kinda hard to miss such a giant hole in the ground , so it had to be closed till the chimera-chan woke up from her chriogenic sleep of sorts , not only that we see a golem/robot so maybe he was not only protecting the place but too actively taking care and doing maintenance of the stainless steel thank you.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Source:https://www.kloecknermetals.com/blog/does-stainless-steel-rust/

Well stainless steel is in fact corrosion free , if its not being influenced by any kind of element like High concentrations of phosphoric acid or nitric acid Environmental stress ,Elevated temperatures Strong chlorides like salt ,Welding two different varieties of stainless steel together Welding stainless steel to iron or carbon steel, Any extreme environment, your link is about a stainless steel exaust pipe which is always exposed to high temperatures as such it corrodes, not only that the steel 409 corrodes so fast because of salt used in places with high chance of snow , which a strong chloride now you may say , how could you know that base wasnt open all this time like we saw lthis chapter well because , its kinda hard to miss such a giant hole in the ground , so it had to be closed till the chimera-chan woke up from her chriogenic sleep of sorts , not only that we see a golem/robot so maybe he was not only protecting the place but too actively taking care and doing maintenance of the stainless steel thank you.
Please, at least have the decency of splitting your sentences with a period.

You want to be pedantic? Let's be pedantic.
  1. Liliths question was, and I quote: "If they had such technology, why didn't they use it on the tank?" Yes, they had such technology when they built that sci-fi base. But did they have such technology when they built the tank? "If they had such technology" assumes that they already had that technology when they built the tank, which is not necessarily true. This is one of the most basic logic mistakes you're taught NOT to make when studying in any branch of science. And Lilith's supposedly a genius in that field.

2. You're assuming that THEY had knowledge and access to stainless steel when they built that tank, just because WE had when we built ours. Why? This is a different world. They have magic and creatures that wouldn't be possible in our world. They developed floating light bulbs against earthquakes when we have earthquake-resistant houses.

3. You're assuming that the tank was never exposed to the very same environment that could've corroded stainless steel. Remember that tanks are used in wars, and that wars can lead to environments well beyond anything that could possibly happen naturally. What makes you think that tank wasn't showered in highly concentrated acids or napalm? What makes you think the air wasn't salty for the hundreds or thousands of years the tank was just lying there? What makes you think the earthquakes didn't constitute "environmental stress"?

4. "how could you know that base wasnt open all this time"
    "we see a golem/robot so maybe he was [...] actively taking care and doing maintenance of the stainless steel"

I think you're confused now. This isn't about "why has the base not rusted", this is about "why genius Lilith assumes the tank should be in the same condition as the base". Clearly, the tank wasn't kept in a sealed environment, and it's highly unlikely the robot would've broken the seal to do maintenance on some random antiquated tank while staying out of sight of the kingdom's people. Even if we assume it could have, Lilith hadn't seen it by the time she asked her question, so she would have no reason to believe a robot that may not even exist would've done maintenance on the tank.

SBP

Pretty sure I'm not supposed to cry here,but Rose's action and her commentary just tug my tiny heart.

Double-page supporter
Please, at least have the decency of splitting your sentences with a period.

You want to be pedantic? Let's be pedantic.
  1. Liliths question was, and I quote: "If they had such technology, why didn't they use it on the tank?" Yes, they had such technology when they built that sci-fi base. But did they have such technology when they built the tank? "If they had such technology" assumes that they already had that technology when they built the tank, which is not necessarily true. This is one of the most basic logic mistakes you're taught NOT to make when studying in any branch of science. And Lilith's supposedly a genius in that field.

2. You're assuming that THEY had knowledge and access to stainless steel when they built that tank, just because WE had when we built ours. Why? This is a different world. They have magic and creatures that wouldn't be possible in our world. They developed floating light bulbs against earthquakes when we have earthquake-resistant houses.

3. You're assuming that the tank was never exposed to the very same environment that could've corroded stainless steel. Remember that tanks are used in wars, and that wars can lead to environments well beyond anything that could possibly happen naturally. What makes you think that tank wasn't showered in highly concentrated acids or napalm? What makes you think the air wasn't salty for the hundreds or thousands of years the tank was just lying there? What makes you think the earthquakes didn't constitute "environmental stress"?

4. "how could you know that base wasnt open all this time"
    "we see a golem/robot so maybe he was [...] actively taking care and doing maintenance of the stainless steel"

I think you're confused now. This isn't about "why has the base not rusted", this is about "why genius Lilith assumes the tank should be in the same condition as the base". Clearly, the tank wasn't kept in a sealed environment, and it's highly unlikely the robot would've broken the seal to do maintenance on some random antiquated tank while staying out of sight of the kingdom's people. Even if we assume it could have, Lilith hadn't seen it by the time she asked her question, so she would have no reason to believe a robot that may not even exist would've done maintenance on the tank.
… owo?

Supporter
You know the situation is bad when mfs start arguing in essays about stainless steel in the comments.

Users who are viewing this thread