Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! - Vol. 9 Ch. 48

if someone knows what last page's あわや空の欠片! means it would be appreciated if you told me, i cant really understand it fully

read first page's top right :), and was made by me reading the romanji from a transcription that i made by writing every single kanji, plus knowing the context too for names and places etc. and obviously knowing how to read that japanese too

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
2MwIUrQ.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Holy hell I had given up hope on seeing another chapter of this. Thank you for picking this up.

Dex-chan lover
read first page's top right :), and was made by me reading the romanji from a transcription that i made by writing every single kanji, plus knowing the context too for names and places etc. and obviously knowing how to read that japanese too
i mean yeah I know its for free but a guy can complain when all the english is kinda worded in a way where it feels like a google translate than an actual human translation. I will commend you for doing this all by yourself, you did a lot of work for a very okay translation without other people so good job (I am bad at compliments).

yeah im not a fan of translations that end up adding more flavor text that loses the meaning of the original, so i stick to 1 to 1 whenever i can

Dex-chan lover
Why let the truth get in the way of a rousing speech?

Pretty sure he wanted the tentacles.

"We want in on the attack mission!"
"We're dropping into the middle of the enemy base."
"We want you to go on the attack mission!"

But to be fair, Lilith is planning on joining herself.

Yeah, standard RPG bullshit to enter a location.

And standard learn-to-fly by playing video games. To be fair, some flight sims are rather close to real life. Others less so.

They got down quickly.

yeah im not a fan of translations that end up adding more flavor text that loses the meaning of the original, so i stick to 1 to 1 whenever i can
I think it depends. Translating is hard, since a complete translation includes a lot of connotations, word play, and cultural expressions that won't be the same in both languages. A literal translation is easier, but might lose out on some stuff, and there's a big difference depending on how well the readers know the original culture and language. On this site the average knowledge is higher than the overall manga reader average, so a more literal translation has more leeway.

Dex-chan lover
if someone knows what last page's あわや空の欠片! means it would be appreciated if you told me, i cant really understand it fully
Good work on the chapter!

Someone can (and please!) correct me if I’m wrong, but my impression is that it’s just a flavor text on the scene of the characters parachuting down with no direct English translation, perhaps a not 1-to-1 English equivalent will be something like “soaring through the skies”?

To my understanding publishers/editors tend to add these lines at the beginning and/or ending scenes of a chapter, things like “arriving stylishly” or “strong as always”, etc.

Fed-Kun's army
Bro what the fuck is this translation.
The grammar is so abysmal that it's almost unreadable.
Is this guy using MTL or what?

Users who are viewing this thread