Sesame Salt and Pudding - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Chapter 4

Fed-Kun's army
Oh, boy.. she may be surprised or shocked by what she might learn..
Thank you!!

This guy from her job ( don't know his name I don't care either) I don't like his reaction. like it is weird and it's a normal way to react but he was really mean to her for no reason that was a turn off... like I don't agree with the marriage sayings when I see him like in high school manga but she grown..

Now they did use the trope stupidly say out loud what they were doing but you got to admit. it's also really creepy that he was just waiting behind the door..

Also the fact that he so cocky to say he call old dude for her

Double-page supporter
Oh boy, that guy is a total brat.
Could've been okay if he realised he was wrong after their first talk, but nooo, Ossan is the problem here.
Also "i'M ObViOuSlY tHe BeTtEr OpTiOn" with that stupid smug face... dude, that's not for you to decide.

Double-page supporter
Well.. I'm abit disappointed that the author copped out and went for the easier route in solving the love interest problem (by simply giving the senpai an obvious bad personality). I was hoping that the senpai genuinely cared about her and just went overboard with his attitude from his initial surprise of the news. Before this development, his reaction was normal. And given the ossan's explanation here, it justifies why the situation was sketchy. Any normal person should be worried if someone they liked got involved with some random dude like that.

Also, with how fast the FL's love interest switched to the ossan, I'm slightly confused as to why the senpai was even necessary in the first place. Her crush for him seems superficial now. I thought the story had something to do with her struggle in choosing between fulfilling a long unrequited love and a new flame. So with this development, I don't see a point in his character in the first place. xD It makes the FL look slightly bad too, cause it gives the impression she becomes infatuated easily.

Dude I am thinking too much x'D

Group Leader
@simplicity Nah you right on all accounts. A big compliant about this series (that I also agree with) is that the first few chapters are kind of rushed/odd. When I was translating I was genuinely annoyed by this whole senpai thing. It felt like the author didn’t have the story fully formed in their head when they started? Anyway, I would argue that after this chapter and chapter 5, it really stables out. Like, the characters that are involved remain characters throughout the series and there’s better continuity.

Double-page supporter
@Satansslut669 Yeah, it does feel like they just decided to drop that storyline and change direction. They made a big deal about keeping their deal a secret and then it just didn't matter in one chapter lol. This also feels more like a shoujo than a josei tbh. But the main characters are likable and the feels are there so I don't mind reading this.

FL switching love interests is very natural IMO. On the contrary, I have always been annoyed by the 20 year old Josei FLs being obsessed with a man for years they never even dated once. It is just platonic obsession which I find really unhealthy.

In this story, the FL had no deep relationship with the senpai. The idiot dude had nothing but good looks. He even enjoyed all his female coworkers ridiculous attention all this time, claiming him office property etc. He had a twisted personality since the beginning. Only when another man came into the picture, he decided to step up. If ossan didn't show up, I'm sure he would enjoy FLs attention for another 10 years lmao. When she saw this, she lost all her interest in him which is very normal. Very refreshing. Thanks Garbage Gal for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread