Set Height Limit on Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long images in height are a problem for many users who read manga on phones with low to medium ability to process heavy images on their GPUs. I, for example, do not have a computer to read manga on only my decent phone, when I encounter a webtoon or manhwa with very long images, the whole chapter is blurred and simply unreadable. Please inform the uploaders and groups about the drawbacks of uploading long images for some users or if possible set a limit on the height of the image. I tried third party apps but the problem only decreases the blurriness a little. Mangadex is my only manga reading website but this preventing me from reading a lot of chapters and especially SOLO LEVELING, every panel is like the height of Eifel Tower and blurred like hell, uhhh! Anyways, please think about it, please.

Dex-chan lover
The loading also depends on your Wi-Fi, when I was in a hotel I would be reading manga on my gaming laptop and chapters would have long loading times and would be blurry.

Dex-chan lover
@Hassico
What is your phone's specs? Also what browsers are you using to read? Have you tried Tachiyomi (if you are using Android)
Because if this problem persists across all browsers, then it might be a hardware problem with your phone. I'm using an mid-range Android phone (bought in 2017) and kindle fire with only 2GB RAM (bought in 2018) to read and honestly have never had any problems with webtoons. If the images have low resolutions in the first place then it's a different thing but you said it happens to every webtoon?

Edit: Also check your browser settings, if I remember correctly, some browsers actually have a kind of "load images at High-Mid-Low Resolution" option.

@yatsuki, I use a 2015 samsung A5 phone and read on chrome browser. I have tried tachiyomi and as I mentioned it does not fix the issue. The images have no low resolution, we are talking about webtoons like Solo Leveling here. Chrome browsers have no specific settings for images as far as I have on my device.

It would be great if you could provide us a screenshot of your problem

Group Leader
@Hassico Of course uploading enormous images is stupid and completely inadapted to many software and hardware.

Alas, I'm afraid you shouldn't expect too much from the scanlators. Some may hear you, but many simply won't give a damn.

Greedy scans groups simply cannot expect much donations from people with old hardware, so they prefer to cater images to the rich kids (sometimes even upscaled so it fits nicely on 4K screens).
As for non-greedy groups, they simply don't feel any need to get involved in those fierce competitions of scans groups to get the readers of the big mainstream titles, so they probably won't work on Solo Leveling in the first place.

Your best bet would be to write a program able to fetch the big images, to split them nicely into smaller images, and then to display them with a more reasonable performance overhead than Mangadex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread