Setting Things Straight With Brats - Ch. 15 - Brat Lost Because Otaku Kun Got A Girlfriend

Dex-chan lover
Look, if you want shitty brats make shitty brats, don't make "Taiga but really really sad when Ryuji gets what he wants"

taiga.gif

Dex-chan lover
Taiga violent tsundere bitch sucks
Call it a product of being old as fuck, but she isn't even a quarter as bad as literally everyone from Love Hina.

And there aren't like 10 relationship resets just to keep kicking the goalpost further down the line.

Dex-chan lover
Taiga violent tsundere bitch sucks
Taiga is a good girl. You need to remember that her actions are meant to be comic exaggeration... so it's more like Looney Tunes stuff than real violence.... which is why she (and many tsunderes) get a pass. It's not actual violence, it's just comedy for viewers...

So no matter how much she beats him, the MC would be fine because it's not real violence in universe, it's just visual slapstick humor that we aren't meant to take seriously...

We are supposed to view it with the same seriousness as Daffy Duck being shot by a gun or blown up by a bomb. Which is not at all. It's actually harmless gag for viewers to enjoy...

Dex-chan lover
Taiga is a good girl. You need to remember that her actions are meant to be comic exaggeration... so it's more like Looney Tunes stuff than real violence.... which is why she (and many tsunderes) get a pass. It's not actual violence, it's just comedy for viewers...

So no matter how much she beats him, the MC would be fine because it's not real violence in universe, it's just visual slapstick humor that we aren't meant to take seriously...

We are supposed to view it with the same seriousness as Daffy Duck being shot by a gun or blown up by a bomb. Which is not at all. It's actually harmless gag for viewers to enjoy...
I get your point however anime is kinda more serious to an extent than loony toon cartoons, you expect all that hitting eachother humor from those, not really from an anime, and then add on to the tsundere hitting the said mc they either hide their feelings just enough where its annoying or act like complete cockblockin assholes (sometimes) . I mean i also just hate tsunderes with a passion so maybe my point is irrelevant

Dex-chan lover

Guess what. Fairy Tail is also comedy and Natsu shows how to handle violent tsunderes. Ok Erza is quite violent too, but she doesn't love Natsu nor Grey.

This guy handles violent bitches even better.

Dex-chan lover
I get your point however anime is kinda more serious to an extent than loony toon cartoons, you expect all that hitting eachother humor from those, not really from an anime, and then add on to the tsundere hitting the said mc they either hide their feelings just enough where its annoying or act like complete cockblockin assholes (sometimes) . I mean i also just hate tsunderes with a passion so maybe my point is irrelevant
But Anime classically had exaggeration. And while anime does have more serious elements, they still keep the cartoony sides for most things.. Tsundere (and comic yandere) are often supposed to be exaggerated characters....

Cartoons are really just moving drawings. And the original Japanese cartoons and Western actually were quite similar. They split apart to their own styles later... but the core is the same. So the base of anime and western cartoons is slapstick stupidity.

And in Japan, they also have a type of humor called manzai, where physical comedy is a huge part of it.

It's just, I noticed a lot of tsundere hate comes from taking comic exaggerations more seriously....

Dex-chan lover
Guess what. Fairy Tail is also comedy and Natsu shows how to handle violent tsunderes. Ok Erza is quite violent too, but she doesn't love Natsu nor Grey.

This guy handles violent bitches even better.
Natsu doesn't show how to deal with violent Tsunderes... he deals with all women equally the same way he deals with men.... he punches them in the face....

And it's still based on comedy when Natsu punches Lucy (else she'd be dead if it wasn't).

And yah, he knows how to deal with violent tsunderes.... he marries them....

Dex-chan lover
But Anime classically had exaggeration. And while anime does have more serious elements, they still keep the cartoony sides for most things.. Tsundere (and comic yandere) are often supposed to be exaggerated characters....

Cartoons are really just moving drawings. And the original Japanese cartoons and Western actually were quite similar. They split apart to their own styles later... but the core is the same. So the base of anime and western cartoons is slapstick stupidity.

And in Japan, they also have a type of humor called manzai, where physical comedy is a huge part of it.

It's just, I noticed a lot of tsundere hate comes from taking comic exaggerations more seriously....
I think im gonna agree to disagree but i do understand your points

Dex-chan lover
I think im gonna agree to disagree but i do understand your points
Wait??? Which point do you disagree with? My point was that tsundere actions are just cartoonishly exaggerated for comedy. Regardless if you like the trope or not... Is it fair to hate the poor tsundere who is forced into that comedy?

All the violence and stuff is comedy the author forces on the tsundere

Dex-chan lover
Wait??? Which point do you disagree with? My point was that tsundere actions are just cartoonishly exaggerated for comedy. Regardless if you like the trope or not... Is it fair to hate the poor tsundere who is forced into that comedy?

All the violence and stuff is comedy the author forces on the tsundere
Agree to disagree that tsunderes are a good trope, frankly i also kinda completely forgot what started this discussion

Users who are viewing this thread