Seventh - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.1 - The First Jewel

Dex-chan lover
Good lord it's been a long time since I've read the LN series. It's amazing it even got a manga adaptation considering it's been on Haitus for years, presumably because Mishima (the author) has been focusing on Mobuseka, Anoseka and Oreaku.

Dex-chan lover
t0c9rt1uz7v71.png

Double-page supporter
Oh hell yeah, one of my favorite web novels (Novelupdates) is here, the author created this before creating
"I'm the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire!" and "Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games Is Tough for Mobs", but "Seventh" is the best work compared to them in terms of diversity of characters, character development, and overall plot despite the two having better world building and cocky main characters.

Seventh follows the basic structure of "Hero's Journey", which is why the main focus of the story is all about the MC's growth, not only in combat strength but also in politics.

It's also a Harem and it's big, like 10+ girls, but most of them have good characterization and development, they are very relevant in the combat scenes and political arena

But the real message of this story isn't the Hero's Journey, it's "anti-war profiteering" or "anti-war profiteers" which will happen in the later chapters of the story

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter

And this got an adaptation uh, i remember the WN being completed since long ago, like 9 years by now?, but the LN been on likely hiatus since a while after Vol.10, and is the one that is available in Novelupdates now, aside that is licensed by J-Novel

Overall it was an interesting read, being an old work by the same author as mobuseka, and now that the author completed the LN for that, wonder if there is any chance for this to be completed in LN form too with this adaptation and all lol

Last edited:
Group Leader
I read its novel ages ago "SEVENS", finally getting a manga adaption
It has generic moments but is also unique, dude getting trained by his 7 ancestors, a good one.
Keep in mind it is an old work and you will enjoy. Looking forward to it

Dex-chan lover
Oh hell yeah, one of my favorite web novels (Novelupdates) is here, the author created this before creating
"I'm the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire!" and "Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games Is Tough for Mobs", but "Seventh" is the best work compared to them in terms of diversity of characters, character development, and overall plot despite the two having better world building and cocky main characters.

Seventh follows the basic structure of "Hero's Journey", which is why the main focus of the story is all about the MC's growth, not only in combat strength but also in politics.

It's also a Harem and it's big, like 10+ girls, but most of them have good characterization and development, they are very relevant in the combat scenes and political arena

But the real message of this story isn't the Hero's Journey, it's "anti-war profiteering" or "anti-war profiteers" which will happen in the later chapters of the story
Do they actually date or is it just girls chasing after him?

Dex-chan lover
I swear a read a manga with this same premise on batoto back in the day. I don’t know if these are the same, but I hope I get to see how everything develops this time.

Dex-chan lover
Do they actually date or is it just girls chasing after him?
Small spoilers:
He gets into relationship's with multiple women simultaneously.
Larger Spoiler:
He gets married/has a literal harem of over 5 women.

I could say more, but I'm not sure exactly where the LN and the WN will diverge if the LN ever resumes.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Small spoilers:
He gets into relationship's with multiple women simultaneously.
Larger Spoiler:
He gets married/has a literal harem of over 5 women.

I could say more, but I'm not sure exactly where the LN and the WN will diverge if the LN ever resumes.
I was already interested, now I'm eagerly awaiting new chapters.

This has been one of my favorite stories for almost a decade now and after a four year hiatus and radio silence from the author, a manga was announced out of nowhere and here we are.
It's so cathartic to see it be given to such a talented Mangaka as well.

I'm incredibly hyped but still can't help but be a little worried.
The early pacing, lack of an immediate hook and the wait for Lyle to get it together seems too be major hurdles for new fans so I'm curious how it will be handled here. I think some serious changes to the story might be in order to give this series a chance to at surviving.

It doesn't really start to really hit it's stride until they leave the tutorial town. The most memorable events, fan favorite characters and boat rockers all debut in volume 4 of the LN which could be forever away depending on the pace of the adaptation.

I'm also curious how the series will handle the ancestors in manga form, right off the bat there'll be a large main cast in Lyles head. If they get too much attention and all the family meetings they call for in the LN/WN are adapted faithfully it will be a death sentence for the pacing. It would take years to get to the good parts if it even gets to last that long.

The ancestors influence is the main driving force behind Lyles journey and growth as a character, love em or hate em they're without a doubt the most unique part of this series and it's single most defining aspect. Their guidence even ends up being Lyles real cheat rather than the powers they give him, but if handled poorly could just cripple the manga early

I'm cautiously optomistic and at the very least hoping this helps get the LN finished

Users who are viewing this thread