Seventh

Author: "Hm, after reading the synopsis it sure feels like my main character is just a trust fund baby that got kicked out on his ass after someone actually appropriate for the job came along. I got it! His sister will just be the most blatant cartoonishly evil villain imaginable. Boom, power fantasy salvaged."

Ok yeah, I see we've got yet another isekai-esque author who doesn't know the meaning of subtlety or moral dilemma.

Holy Hell, Seventh/Sevens finally got a manga adaptation! It's almost a decade-old now at this point. It's more of a coming of age story with some unique flair on how it handles some overused (at this point, but back then it was kinda new) tropes like RPG-esque level ups (You'll soon know Mr. Lyle).

Anyways, it's gonna look generic nowadays but this is one of the earlier stories of using the "Banished from family" trope.

The WN is a 7/10 for me (pun intented) due to a lot of cut out and canceled plot lines (The Numbered Witches and The Labyrinth plot lines).

Double-page supporter
Thank you for translating this! It's a manga adaptation based on Mishima Yomu's work, so I'm happy with just getting to read it in English, MTL or not.

I read the novel,when near the end of the series,WN first 4 vol besides vol.2 were rough to read,but this is one of the best novel i ever read,large harem done right and character developed was amazing,but too reliant on help from the harem,until the end, when my favorite head the 4th taught him failure,besides that,MC outsmart everyone too much with the heads help kind of story

Author: "Hm, after reading the synopsis it sure feels like my main character is just a trust fund baby that got kicked out on his ass after someone actually appropriate for the job came along. I got it! His sister will just be the most blatant cartoonishly evil villain imaginable. Boom, power fantasy salvaged."

Ok yeah, I see we've got yet another isekai-esque author who doesn't know the meaning of subtlety or moral dilemma.
don't be like that.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah its pretty tropey, but to be fair this is based off a pretty old WN and LN at this point (2014-2016) where this kinda stuff was considered new-ish in the scene back-in-the-day.

Considering the author is also behind:
[Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu/Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games Is Tough for Mobs]

You can kinda get an idea of the writing style for this series.

Dex-chan lover
Curious to see if this adaptation will be good. I tried several times to get into the WN but couldn't. Maybe its my attention span but I just found it annoying trying to keep track of the peanut gallery and their names and personalities.

Reposting a review on NovelUpdates I liked

"As an individual who's finished reading the Web Novel version, I'd definitely give this story 5 stars. Sevens is a story that excels at pacing and character development. While it may follow the standard harem trope as many other fantasy novels, the characters that you'll grow attached to aren't the various young maidens the main character will charm throughout his travels, but the seven middle-aged men who help guide and shape the protagonist into an amazingly deep character, while forging a strong bond of 'family'. You will cry for these old men.

The Light Novel version here changes events slightly so that various developments make more sense and the world and side characters are more fleshed out than in the vanilla version, so content wise this is definitely the one to read."
KuroInfinity

Users who are viewing this thread