Sex and Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Candles and Springtime

Double-page supporter
@Tatherwood I can somewhat agree with you. It does get overused. Guess I've gotten into the trap of using it too much. Its still trash tho.

@Tatherwood maybe it was a translation thing, since he said they were spending money of diving equipment so im guessing less adventurers more explorers ,exploring ancient ruins and wrecks etc. , also the work isnt really isekai just fantasy , not sure why normal fantasy stories get labeled isekai these days when they aint

Dex-chan lover
How the hell understands the logic of the labyrinth and magically return without archieve nohing during the stay in the labyrinth too logical to make sense

"mentally scarring" my ass.
One has to be mentally challenged to asspull such a thing here.
All that happened in her (teacher's) perspective, is that she suddenly got horny and had sex with her student to satisfy herself. The worst that she could possibly feel is about having sex with a student and unable to keep her lust under control, maybe also afraid of things going public. The distance between feelings of actual rape for victims and events in this chapter is astronomical.

Also, if anyone comes here for "Level of Violence", it actually 2/10 at most. Tip of an iceberg, with no iceberg behind it. You will be disappointed. It is like fake harem anime where only one girl or boy gets chosen and the rest get dumped. Regarding the expectations and end results it is more false hype than substance.

Aggregator gang
it’s funny how I think it’s supposed to be a social commentary that sexy times are equivalent to XP

Double-page supporter
Kinda fucked. So basically they feel like they'll have to do it regardless of how they'd feel sober/sane. It's pretty much akin to rape. And this dude is like, I'll have to keep doing it so I can keep adventuring lmfao.

@gyuri the differences are not astronomical. This is basically rape. The candle's description literally say it'll make any woman in the room with you have sex with you. There's no regard for whether or not that's something they'd ever actually do. This is against her will, there was absolutely no consent, this is rape. I don't know how the fuck you people here do mental gymnastics to assure yourselves that this isn't rape, but it's rape clear as day. And the "distance of feelings" is literally something the author will dictate. He gets to choose how impacted these women feel or whatever, so you can't really justify by how they're feeling/taking it as evidence towards it being something completely different if the mangaka is the one who contorls the narrative.

Imagine if some mangaka wrote about how a guy took advantage of a girl who was sleeping. Then the mangaka writes that the girl didn't mind too much, and people go "see, it's not rape. She's fine with it." Any sane person would say, "no, that's rape because it was done without consent." Nothing changes that fact, the mangaka trying to make it like it's somehow consensual because the girl was ok with it afterwards doesn't make any sense because it's not a real life scenario but one that he/she crafted.

@goodhunter mental gymnastics is your forte here, not mine. What I said is how things are supposed to be from her perspective. Perspective of a person in question and what they feel matters more than what you want them to feel. She won't feel like it is the end of the world just because you want her to.

It seems like a cool dude who's going to become edgy to head towards the goal of adventurer.

Double-page supporter
@gyuri and you've completely ignored a big part of my argument. How she feels doesn't make it ok because that's how the mangaka wrote her to be. Because the mangaka gets to control the narrative of how she feels, that's not a good argument into saying that it's not rape. Even perspective doesn't matter, because her perspective is literally controlled by the mangaka. You are indeed doing mental gymnastics, and no matter how you don't want to admit it or see it that way, it's true. How the hell can you argue "her perspective" when the mangaka literally controls what perspective she has? It's not like he's writing about a real life scenario and the girl who this character is based off of told him this. If you can't understand this, then I don't see any point in conversing with you.

Users who are viewing this thread