Shachiku-san wa Youjo Yuurei ni Iyasaretai. - Vol. 2 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus

Princesses and rich girls use the term for their parents pretty often in anime/manga to address their parents.

I guess the most recent example is the Kaguya-sama manga where she addressed her father with "otou-sama".

I've seen it in historical, feudal and scifi-feudal(gundam) manga/anime too in families of high standing.

Dex-chan lover
@knight_evangel Yes but not with a cute nickname. Like how a little sister would call the elder sister "nee-nee" sometimes, but never "nee-nee-sama". You don't combine a cute nick with a -sama honorific, that's what I meant.

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus Yep, that's been done too. Nee-nee-sama . I've seen "san" at the end of nicknames being used from characters who've just met too. A certain manga even used "kami-nii-sama". lol Manga in general doesn't follow realistic honorifics("Omai-san" and "Ore-sama" being the biggest offenders). I've even heard "imouto-san" when talking directly to said younger sister (believe it or not, this would be considered EXTREMELY rude in Japan, you always use a surname, period. It's actually less realistic than the nickname+sama that you're so in disbelief about. It's a bit different if you're not talking to the sister and not using it as a replacement for referring to the sister by name.). It's best not to try and rationalize it too much, I've seen nicknames that make way less sense "grammatically".

Dex-chan lover
@knight_evangel nah I'm just gona say you're wrong. Nickname mother+sama just doesn't exist. Show me an example of such thing and I will say you're correct. Kaka-sama, chichi-sama, neenee-sama. Show me ONE example.

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus twin star exorcists has nii-nii-sama

and the "kami-nii-sama" is from The World God Only Knows.

"Imouto-san" was what Harima called Tsukamoto's younger sister in School Rumble.

Group Leader
To settle the argument between @knight_evangel and @Xystus , spirit-chan is using "かかさま" (kaka-sama). The phrase that @Dumas1 is referencing is "閣下" (かっか/kakka) or "Excellency" referring to a noble. The raws have not yet dove deeper into spirit-chan's past so we do not yet know who exactly "kaka-sama" is to spirit-chan. For all we know, she's not related to her at all and "kaka" is just a nickname of whatever her full name is.

tl;dr: you're both wrong

Dex-chan lover
@Freylan It wasn't an argument, and the discussion was already settled. I also never said one word about the lady's name. I simply told him that nicknames can and have been attached to "sama" in manga. After I gave him proof, he stopped responding. You are the only one continuing the discussion.

hhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
my heart is destroyed by the cutness
sniff" no you are the one crying not me

Users who are viewing this thread