Shadow Queen - Ch. 24

Yay I was right about the scar is what let him know last time.
Though wrong about why there is a need for a double. So it was not a broken chastity, but a foul poison.
And one with a difficult antidote apparently. So at minimum they were able to keep her alive, but either took a large amount of time to procure an antidote.
Or took a long time to physically recover. Or both.
And in High Society with cousins like that, having the appearance of weakness is fatal, and can damage your reputation quite harshly.
More so when it becomes public that it was your own subsidiary that did it, but you cannot prove it.
And maybe the reason they left her in place till after the baby, is she became a Queen Mother.
Killing a queen with no child, one that isn't loved by the Emperor, is far less of a crime as killing a Queen Mother, and probably easier to do.
So even if the king didn't love her, he would protect them both with his power now as she has a his child now, most likely out of obligation.
Safer to have her act as a lamb in the open, and only replace her when you know she will be give a barn. (in this case it be given the Castle)

I'm infatuated with the knight. He's adorable and freaking cool at the same time. I can't (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

This crazy dog XD I'm not gonna hate him until I see him more, maybe he'll become an ally since he's against the Duke as well, who knows. Ty for the chapter <3

Dex-chan lover
He is aware of the poison and does not fully thing its really Veronica.

My god I was nervous the entire interaction I was so scared she was going to be exposed

Dex-chan lover
The scar was behind her ear! The choker had nothing to do with it.

Group Leader
I’m really hoping he could be an ally because they have the same common enemy

Group Leader
Still hoping against hope that my precious knight here is the ML this time around 😭 it's prolly futile right...? Anywho, the plot thickens, can't wait to find out how my girl will dish it out next 😍

I don't know whether I should hate that guy or love him for poisoning the original veronica.

Ah-ha, so that's what happened.

The guy is a boar but at least it's fun to see him wreak havoc. Ahem. Looking forward to the banquet xDD

And the guard is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread