Shadow Queen - Ch. 27

Aggregator gang
Why is she getting threatened so easily by a young lady who has absolutely no proof that she's having an affair? Isn't she used to social circles?
Correct steps: pretend you don't know what she's talking about while carefully probing to see what proof she may have (I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any), then maybe start getting scared if it seems she does have evidence.

Sure, there's that maid, but it's not like our FL knows if she is already aware of the affair 3 years in the past or if she's willing to talk even if she does know about it...

Group Leader
@Spinaple because she's duke daughter? Her power in social circle are absolute. One gossip from her and it could be flame up easily.

Why does she want a maid so quick to blow the whistle? Is she planning on using her to spread the rumour that she's a fake (somewhere down the line)?

LOL. The audacity of that madame to be on top of the society while cheating? lol

Dex-chan lover
@yannickq I think it's less about the madame; and more about Elena wanting the maid on her team. She already has Hurelbad as her bodyguard/muscle, presumably she needs a confidant and spy now.

I'm confused why the love story called the 'infamous' rather than 'famous'?
Is it because in the future it will be 'infamous'?
Lololol why am I arguing about this?

@zz2000 that's what I mean. The maid has already proven (in the original story) that she's willing to go against her employer. So I was wondering why our MC wants that maid - and why she's so confident she can win her (the maid, not the madame) over.

Thanks For Your Hard Work!!! ♡♡♡ Can't Wait For More!!! ♡♡♡ And Stay Safe!!!!

So what, was the Madam suppose to be celibate all her life ? LOL
Considering this is ancient Europe, its obvious why she didn't remarry....she would have been called a slut and harassed if she did.
On top of her lover being someone outsider of her class, when class based discrimination is already clearly happen. [ergo everyone in the duke's family hate the female lead for being a fallen noble] Divorce or annulments for marriage where rare, and only the man could ask for them even if the husband is abusing his wife ...go to the middle east and some culture set woman on fire or have 'honor killing' for woman that outlive their husbands. . .On top of the fact that men are allowed to have concubines & mistress so this is just sexist...

Im not sure im a fan of her threating someone else in a fragile position to get power e.e

I get she had to go, what she had to do, but what's the point of having that Maid? She doesn't seem very loyal to her master but the sounds of it, but she could be her hands and ears

@Spinaple
I'm also surprised she got flustered so easily. I thought she would at least try to deny it before being confronted with evidence. But maybe Elena knows already that Flanrose is the easily-scared type, which is why she went in so hard.

@Bigups it could be for info, because she wants to bring ruin to the house and a maid with such a loose mouth is perfect for that or she can manipulate her knowing what kind of person she is beforehand...

Users who are viewing this thread