Shadow Queen - Ch. 6

Aggregator gang
Her daddy is kind but too naive, first he trusted that viscount and pushed his daughter to have a high social debutante, she refused tho, then he took a stranger home and told his daughter to go with her to run away from the marriage she agreed on...

Gosh she puts on such a convincing act that without the inner narration of her actual thoughts .... it’s seriously such a great contrast between the mask and herself I love it!

Thanks For Your Hard Work!!!! ♡♡♡ Can't Wait For More!!! ♡♡♡ And Stay Safe!!!!

the whole thing is so obviously suspicious, and the the parents fell for it ?
Some gross old dude ask for his daughter to be is concubine then immediate a noble woman says "hey just be a fake daughter instead, btw I have money and a room for you RIGHT now"
😐

she's a beauty @////@ I already like her XD

+ also, I feel like the knight is her future partner X////X

I don't understand why she resisted only to go along with everything in the end? It's good for the story but doesn't it make her seem like she has too much of a backbone?

Is this where the tragedy tag comes in? The MC keeps trying to do things differently only to end up on the same path, it’s happened about 3 times now. It’s like she’s predicting the knight and the money will change things but the foreshadowing is saying no, it won’t.

@Ceereus It was kinda weird, but I think she is doing it to change the circumstances slightly. Like she knew that woman would come, she didn't plan to be that old dudes concubine from the beginning. She felt bad about her parents, but when she was in her room she thought it's only for today. Also I think she mentioned that she wanted the jewels so her parents would have money before the woman came, though I'm not sure if she was talking about the necklace she gave the mom or the stuff Leabric gave later. Although if that woman gave them jewelry and not money I don't think it's a good idea for them to take it because when they go to sell it can't they find out where they are? Also I hope she leaves some kind of note for her parents (although she did have that map drawn out for an escape route) because they are naive and a little dumb. Plus they couldn't know what would happen to them. And if the money/jewels aren't a trick I hope the father doesn't leave it behind or give it back like it feels like he wanted to do.

@Krobelus Typically, in this genre, tragedy refers to the past ending.

@starred1 idk. It just doesn't read as purposeful as that? From her train of thought she's resisting and from the way the other side is viewing things, she turned down an opportunity that would have bettered her life for no particular reason (the sponsored social debut). No way she could have foreseen the concubine trap.

It's an interesting intro to the story, but there's kind of the problem of her seeming not quite as simple as the first timeline. Of course she knew they would have her no matter what. Of course she bought herself time to prep and spend with her family. It's just the shift in image she gives off? Especially combined with helping her parents escape? It's a little too wise and lucky for the hapless puppet.

They don't know who she is right now, so why wouldn't all of that ring alarm bells when taken together. Lebrec seems to only consider the family escape as worthy of skepticism

@Ceereus Hm, yeah. Good points, I agree with you except about the concubine part. I thought that had also happened in her past life, but after her debut and she was crying and stuff and then was rescued by Leabric. But maybe she just said if that happened her past self would have cried etc.

@starred1 I understood it as they used helping her debut as the debt she owed to them so that she became entangled with the grand duke's side but I could be wrong

@Ceereus Hm. Yeah you're right I got that part, but I thought there was also the other thing. I guess I was wrong and she was speaking hypothetically. I mean when the chest of gifts came from the guy who wanted her to be concubine she must have been saying if it had happened last time she would have cried etc. Sorry and thanks.

Exquisite and elegant i think no one can be par with this translations!! Thank youuu💙

I wanna smash this b*tch head. And why did the other b*tch have to pretend to be dead? Was she too stupid to marry to the prince or whatever?

Users who are viewing this thread