Shadows House (Official Colored) - Vol. 17 Ch. 181 - Retest

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter!! I was missing this manga so much. Candy kinda gives me the creeps lmao

Dex-chan lover
Emilyko has basically given away to Candy that she has her memories too with that "master" line. All of her plans were built around the idea that only their class remembered they were human, so can't wait to see how this changes her plans. The relationship can still go either way in terms of becoming allies or a third (or fourth?) faction.

Well, what will Candy do now after learning such revelation then. Also, that's quite some beating she did lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter, this continues to be an interesting new set of characters, interactions and (fittingly) daggers in the dark! What she said though:
Because I will become the Shadow House's showman!
That helps me put words to how I've felt about her and timing. To rebel against a power like Kate wants to, one could say there is a time for "actors" and a time for "showmen". There has to be the point when the time is at last right and the rebels strike, and at that point the "showman" skillset is very valuable and Kate would be fortunate to have her on side. Bravery (almost reckless), charisma, determination, a deep grudge against the Authority, decisive moves combined with great skill. However, the same qualities can instead of an asset be a liability if it gives up the game before sufficient pieces have been gathered. Emilyko is no actor either, but the brainwashing turned all the humans into "natural actors" at the beginning, she didn't act too suspiciously because she couldn't really same as the others. And even as a human, she was constantly put down and treated more as a servant already, she isn't ambitious, and finally she's got a fundamentally more innocent outlook that (rightly) disarms suspicion.

But Stella ("Candy") was in a top position and is used to showing off, dominating, and ambition. She hasn't had the gradual onramp either like the others who regained their memories after they'd already passed the key point of Adult attention and thus were relatively safely tucked away in the children's house away from constant observation. Her instinct isn't to keep her head down, blend in, and hide her abilities, it's the total opposite. Of course she could reign that in if she felt she had to but I still don't get the impression that she really appreciates the situation and bigger picture, that her life and other lives (as well as victory over a great evil) are on the line here, or all her various enemies and allies. She's old enough and has seen enough travel/performance life to have more cunning but not enough to avoid leaping to assumptions and getting frustrated quick. Her fearlessness/rage is also potentially both an asset and liability.

Guess it's a big moment next chapter!

Group Leader
Damn, Candy gave those soots a good ol' British spanking. She's a ruthless Emilico. Though by the looks of it we may not end with a third faction, given the adults and Sarah have done everything to scare the new recruits.
We still have three factions though: the children, the adults, and then there's Christopher.

Dex-chan lover
Holly shit i love this girl, please make her the protagonist, she kicks ass so damn hard!

Dex-chan lover
I know it's supposed to be a kickass moment, but her being a fearless manipulator, a hypnotist, a ruthless schemer, and now a shonen-tier fighter who can just jump and dash around at superspeed, and throw a knife with enough force to make it bounce all over like a rubber ball(!?) just makes her look goofier and goofier to me. Feels like they're trying too hard to make her look cool and formidable by making her able to do and know All The Things.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
I know it's supposed to be a kickass moment, but her being a fearless manipulator, a hypnotist, a ruthless schemer, and now a shonen-tier fighter who can just jump and dash around at superspeed, and throw a knife with enough force to make it bounce all over like a rubber ball(!?) just makes her look goofier and goofier to me. Feels like they're trying too hard to make her look cool and formidable by making her able to do and know All The Things.
She hypnotized someone?

Users who are viewing this thread