Shadows House (Official Colored) - Ch. 199 - Upbringing

Dex-chan lover
Well, in a way hes right. After all, it was the dad's fault for raising him while pushing the island as the only goal in life.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, he's a remorseless evil sociopath. Now all the tumblr chicks are going to start drawing him in a tophat and wanting to fuck him.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. This just solidifies that Anthony is 100% an enemy. That much was obvious, but the reveal about him being from the Mirrors family made me think he might be a "twisted ally" to Kate who'd be an obstacle, but also willing to work with her slightly against a greater enemy before their showdown. And perhaps care for Kate as a sibling in his own, twisted way.

This basically nullifies that. If he was willing to kill his father, I doubt he'd have any hesitation to the sister he never knew.

He sees the house and island as his property, and Kate is probably an obstacle to that. I also get the sense he doesn't want to end Shadows House the same way Kate does, but take it over and keep the processes the same. Just letting him be the one in charge.

Dex-chan lover
So we're not suppose to sympathize with him, honestly the best outcome with all this lore dumping and climatic twist the past few chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Until the recent chapters, Christopher was very much a "mastermind in the shadows" type of character. The children of his generation adored him, especially since, if I recall correctly, he was the one to establish the Starbearers, yet many of the glimpses we got of his activities were very ominous, even when he was helping our protagonists.
Christopher the Shadow created the Starbearers I believe, and inspired them, but nothing we've learned has shown that to be to aid in Anthony's (the human Christopher) secret goal. For now it appears likely Christopher (Shadow) actually was the moral paragon the other kids thought he was, though with what you wrote Anthony (human Christopher) probably agreed with making Starbearers as it would give him people to manipulate.

Dex-chan lover
Damn kid, what does killing your dad even achieve, who are you even sending a message to?

Well villain established i guess

Dex-chan lover
Until the recent chapters, Christopher was very much a "mastermind in the shadows" type of character. The children of his generation adored him, especially since, if I recall correctly, he was the one to establish the Starbearers, yet many of the glimpses we got of his activities were very ominous, even when he was helping our protagonists.
As explained in Ch 76, the Star Bearer status predates Anthony's entry into the Shadows House, albeit merely as a status to mark those closest to getting an Invitation.

What Christopher-Anthony did was enact reforms that made Star Bearers leaders and educators, some with their own specialty squads like the Relief and Research Teams. Reforms that made Star Bearers an actual symbol of prestige.

If Anthony's objective in doing all this is to lay the groundworks for a future rebellion by making the kids stronger, smarter with a greater sense of community, then to his credit he succeeded in just that. Even in the present, part of the reason Kate made so much progress so quickly is because she was able to utilise and navigate this reformed Star Bearer hierarchy that he first created to her advantage.

Dex-chan lover
Christopher killing his dad is actually very interesting because prior to this the only case we had of a child killing their family to get into the shadow's house was Mia thinking to herself that fact very recently. Mia (and Sarah) have been the only two characters from the early chapters that have gotten development as minor antagonists but we as readers still don't know what their deal is. Early on, Sarah's abuse of Mia were one of the most messed up reveals in the story that highlighted how dark the shadows house could be. So now that we got that lore bit about Mia murdering her family to be a member of the shadows house AND we have a similar outcome with Christopher but for a completely different reason. Last we heard, wasn't Mia moved to the adult wing? I wonder if she'll be one of Christopher's next victims or maybe one of his next allies? They both killed their parents to get where they are... And despite us not knowing what Christopher's relationship to Anthony was behind the scene yet, now I'm pretty sure it's gonna be similar to Sara/Mia's except in this case it's Christopher who may be the abusive one? I anticipate some kind of connection later in the form of alliance or conflict for Christopher and Mia. I'm excited where Mia's arc will take her in the end! This was a long time coming for her.

As for Christopher... like I've mentioned a few times already in a few posts, CAN'T WAIT FOR EDWARD AND HIS TEAM TO SEE CHRISTOPHER/ANTHONY AGAIN. There better be drama. I'm looking forward to the next chapters where Christopher will detail his rise in the children's wing. I wanna see his relationship with his fellow debutantes. I wanna see Edward get flustered a bit more. His entire life, he spent it plotting his way into the 3rd floor of the adult wing to serve The Great Grandfather. But what would happen if Christopher ends up shattering Edward's faith in The Great Grandfather....?

On that note. Jury is still out on whether or not The Great Grandfather is even a real person or if he's really just some kind of soot puppet that Joseph controls. I'm still unsure of where I stand on this since I still think Joseph would have just made himself the leader over a soot puppet head. That would be more straight forward, to me anyway. But then if the current puppet theory isn't correct, WHO IS THE GREAT GRANDFATHER??? And why does drinking his essence via the special coffee work as well as it does on ALL the humans but not shadows? Who even found it worked great for brainwashing humans anyway, yknow???

We're entering the FINAL arc y'all. Here's to the next and last wild ride Somato will take us on for this story. One thing is for certain, we won't be bored getting to the end of this one. These 6 years of mysteries were some of the best Ive had reading a mystery manga ever. I don't want it to end but for Kate and Emilyko's sake, I'll accept that it needs to end. CHEERS TO THE LAST ARC!!

Dex-chan lover
Damn, two sides of the same coin. Kate being the 'shadow' and Christopher being the 'mirror'

Fed-Kun's army
I just read that, in fact, this would be the last arc. I feel things will get worse for him.. ty for the chapter

Contributor
The survivors banded together calling themselves the "Mirror Family", I suppose in honor of their deceased lord's family?

Christopher->Anthony is Alfred's chosen successor. That complicates things with Kate, unless she's fine with not being the true heir and head of the Mirrors House. Her "little brother" is also far more driven to play "ruler" than his "big sister" is.

"No parent could send their son knowingly to his own death"
Says the man who effectively left his pregnant wife to her (seeming) death. He's speaking from his own guilt at failing to find her. His son says he couldn't give up on her, but I did not see him actually trying to look for her. It seemed more like a mental hangup rather than a genuine attempt at looking for his missing wife and child.

"Uncle Joseph"
He calls that man uncle rather than grandfather, that's interesting. We knew Anthony was a psychopath, but he really murdered his own father, who in any case was dying of old age in a few years, that's next level psychopathy. That means Kate is unsafe with him around, given his ruthlessness, she's likely seen as a competing pretender for the struggle to restore the Mirrors House.

Joseph is absolutely not the final enemy, if he is going to be an enemy. It's Anthony who has plans to be the ruler of the island after the Shadows House is brought down. I can already imagine some kind of succession struggle with Kate after the Shadows are brought down, if Anthony were to have his way.

Users who are viewing this thread