Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Ch. 185 - The Operation Continues

Dex-chan lover
Could it be Joseph is related to Kate's lineage and will eventually become her support from the adult's wing? There's got to be a connection with the rest of the story with Kate's original noble lineage that forced her to flee the place

Glad that the new debutantes are here to help remedy this operation now that Edward dun goofed but also managed to still fuck them over a bit regardless. I hope he gets the extra dose of shame on top if they succeed, that will be very funny. But it’s still so tense aaaaaaa I can’t take it, I know this is a major turning point in the manga fork-in-the-road deal BUT STILL! I want Lou and Louise to be okay :^(

Could it be Joseph is related to Kate's lineage and will eventually become her support from the adult's wing? There's got to be a connection with the rest of the story with Kate's original noble lineage that forced her to flee the place
It’s still hard to tell at this point in this story if he’s definitively ally or enemy, related or no, but him being rather conspicuous at this time in the story still makes this a possibility and a point to note. Without seeing his face though it’s hard to pin his exact age (like whether he has gray hair or not) which would help us pin him on only a rough timeline we have anyways, 30-50 years. If he was about as young as the other three then I don’t know how it would be possible for him being a part of her lineage given the roundabout way Shadows “reproduce”. At this point all we can say is that he at least probably acting on a hunch regarding the case, what’s motivating that is too much of a mystery still since he could just be taking it into his own hands knowingly or unknowingly of any greater scheme. But I think it’s safe to say that he would probably be the one to hone in on Kate’s real identity. Whether there’s a direct connection between him and her or let alone the former Mirror’s House remains to be seen still.

But he would be the only candidate of the adult wing besides the Great Grandfather himself out of who we’ve seen so far. And the Great Grandfather is just a big fat question mark.
He’s still suspicious as hell though

Dex-chan lover
Its gonna be funny if the great grandfather is the one who actually waiting for Kate return, to give her the crown, and what he doing right now is just to solidified her position.

Dex-chan lover
He should be around Kate's actual age if its the case

kate smiling at the end was pretty cool
Kate's mouth was visible from an angle that a shadow's face can't be seen from on page 15.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but wouldn't this imply that Stella actually read Kate's lips rather than Emilico's? As another hint that Kate differs from other shadows, which Stella might even have noticed. She sure looks smug about it as if she did discover something interesting. That's what I thought at that page, at least.

Dex-chan lover
Evelynn being kept out off the truth would just make her feel betrayed later. It's not going to be good if there is one people that you can't be in sync with.

Contributor
Wow, everyone passed the debut! This has to be among the worst outcomes for Edward, even though he also unintentionally hindered Kate's plan because the debut ended faster than expected. He plotted the problems the debutantes would face thinking it would entertain his superiors while playing sycophant for his ambition, but ended up offending them instead.

Apart from Joseph, the other 3rd floor shadows really don't seem at all that smart, and they prioritize punishing the shadow in charge of the school, even though it was them who selected Emilyko and Candy (30 y.o.) in their visits. What is Joseph going to do with that suitcase? Some commenters are theorizing he could be an ally to Kate, and while I think it's unlikely for now without further evidence, it would be huge if he were to be. We know Kate sorely needs an ally inside the adults' wing and Anthony can not be trusted.

Is Douglas going through a redemption arc? I'm hesitant to think he's a trustworthy ally now, but as things are he's already in the thick of the plot aimed to rescue Lou & Louise. He did get praise for being an effective mentor, but I hope he doesn't rat out to Edward when things go bad.

Dang, Candy & Stella continue to impress me, and all the new debutantes are onboard the operation now too. I wonder how much of that lip-syncing from Emilyko was intentional? Like I guess she knew to trust Candy and purposefully "leaked" the operation to her to ask for help given Candy's lip-reading ability.

Dex-chan lover
Apart from Joseph, the other 3rd floor shadows really don't seem at all that smart, and they prioritize punishing the shadow in charge of the school, even though it was them who selected Emilyko and Candy (30 y.o.) in their visits.
The 3rd floor Shadows only see the children during the selection though, so they wouldn't know that Emilyko and Candy were outsiders. The one in charge of the school should have noticed there was an extra kid who didn't belong, and he even missed it on two separate occasions. His whole job is to make sure the school produces decent kids for the selection, so he's failing his duty.

Users who are viewing this thread