Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Ch. 185 - The Operation Continues

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if Joseph is an ally or not, or if he's from the time. I did go back to look at the chapter with the flashback to Kate's mom Catherine and grandmother (107 for the record) to see if there might be anyone who fit like a servant. Didn't find one, but something of note is that there was a human-shaped figure chasing the fleeing people, and the silhouette isn't blacked out like the shadows and morphs usually are. It's probably the Great Grandfather. Rereading it does make me wonder about all the original shadows from that time though, perhaps part of the reason they prefer children is because it raises the chances of a successful unification.

If Joseph is connected to the Mirror family's history, I wonder if he'll assume Emilyko is the child or grandchild of the Mirrors family? I think I mentioned in a previous chapter they'd probably assume that briefcase was hers rather than Kate's. They knew Catherine was pregnant, but they'd be unlikely to know that she got caught by a morph. Just that she got away. Either way, it would be nice if he wants to help Emilyko/Kate/the Mirror family heiress, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Contributor
If Joseph is connected to the Mirror family's history, I wonder if he'll assume Emilyko is the child or grandchild of the Mirrors family? I think I mentioned in a previous chapter they'd probably assume that briefcase was hers rather than Kate's. They knew Catherine was pregnant, but they'd be unlikely to know that she got caught by a morph. Just that she got away.
If this unlikely scenario happens, I'd say he'd assume Emilyko is a grandchild given that more than 50 years have already passed since the incident.

Re-reading 107 I just got reminded that Kate spent 50(!) years developing very slowly as a fetus of the comatose (and unified? shadow) Catherine. If we temporarily gloss over the fact that unborn fetuses can't celebrate birthdays, that would mean Kate is chronologically over 50 (technically just 13+ since birth) and that makes her chronologically older than even Candy. Or every adult we've seen in the manor (maybe except Joseph and GG).

Aggregator gang
I thought it was interesting that Emilyko was lip-syncing for Kate during something pretty dang secret. Nice.

Without seeing his face though it’s hard to pin his exact age (like whether he has gray hair or not) which would help us pin him on only a rough timeline we have anyways, 30-50 years.
Isn't it more like 60 years? It was mentioned that 50 years passed between the Mirror House being attacked and Kate being born.

Glad that Kate and the gang got a help because at this point, their operation is really about to be fucked up.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao after all of edwards stupid scheming this time EVERYONE passed, AND the starbearers cooperated. he stacked the deck as hard as he could, unveiled his big bomb, and the kids literally got to do a YIPEEE finish.

And the adults literally go 'well who cares the coffee'll fix it'. They're really beyond complacent huh...

And now we see why we got to see so much of these new kids (.......and Candy*) powers: so we know how they work, what they're capable of, and a bit of who they are as people for them to help with this operation, with the fun tension of the lower time limit. We oceans 11 now baybeee.

*30, huh.... I suppose at the manor she has easy access to skin cream....

Edit: My out of nowhere no-evidence-for-it wild swing guess is Joseph is the fusion of Kate's dad (who we never saw) who got morph'd during the initial assault.

Users who are viewing this thread