Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Vol. 15 Ch. 156 - A Brief Respite

Edward will invite Kate and then crush her in the adult manor where he has more authority and she has no allies.

Kate can't do anything about that and will then rely on Christopher help.
Christopher knows this and will use Kate to bring down Edward for whatever reasons he has.

Dex-chan lover
Edward will invite Kate and then crush her in the adult manor where he has more authority and she has no allies.

Christopher knows this and will use Kate to bring down Edward for whatever reasons he has.
Hopefully Best Boy John will get suspicious of Anthony (reminder that we've been told that Christopher is dead... though I think they merged but Anthony retained control) and warn Kate, John seems to always figure people out better than anyone else on Kate's side

Gu7

Dex-chan lover
Looks like it's about to speed up ! I can't wait for the next chapter !
Thank you team !

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap! I already knew that Sophie was a shitty cannibal (she ate the shadow imitating a mouse during Kate's infiltration in the mansion), but I didn't expect that! Christopher looks more shaddy each time he appears; i wonder how Kate will handle the invitation and also, who are the others she will invite to be Star Bearers (Gilbert might be a chosen one!)~:salute:

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap! I already knew that Sophie was a shitty cannibal (she ate the shadow imitating a mouse during Kate's infiltration in the mansion), but I didn't expect that! Christopher looks more shaddy each time he appears; i wonder how Kate will handle the invitation and also, who are the others she will invite to be Star Bearers (Gilbert might be a chosen one!)~:salute:
I think Ben is the top choice. He is older than Suzanna-Gilbert pair

Dex-chan lover

I find it difficult for him to decide for Kate. First she is the protagonist; second, Kate is a new arrival in the mansion and is opposed to him, since at the moment, Edward wants to attract more allies and she is not a good choice; third, apart from the Star Bearers, their pupils can be a good choice, as they have been in the manor the longest and were chosen for aptitude. :finnawoke:

Dex-chan lover
I think Ben is the top choice. He is older than Suzanna-Gilbert pair
I said that Gilbert can be chosen because he was willing to "break the rules for the common good" and the agreement of his fight with John was that he would support Kate. There's also the fact that he orchestrated the "hunt of the weakest" without being found out (he's the one who unmasked himself) and he's reasonably strong.

Dex-chan lover
A reminder that the "invitation" is to become an adult, which means unification. Kate's too young and new, and the only purpose of inviting her at this point would be to try to kill her with a failed unification. There's no way to spin inviting her positively, Edward wants not just allies but to have successes to show. Older pairs are the ones most likely to be invited, so the Star Bearers (minus Barbara and Barbie) seem the most at risk.

Also, the person/ex-doll we're seeing is Anthony. Christopher was the Shadow's name. I just reread the chapters where he and Christopher first appeared (starts at Chapter 75 for anyone curious), and Kate already thought Anthony was suspicious back then. She noted even Maryrose didn't call him an ally/friend when telling Kate about him. Something else worth noting: we only have Anthony's word that Christopher killed himself. He was also noted to be smarter than Christopher. Their roles were kind of inverted, with Christopher acting as the "face" for Anthony's plans as no one else knew. Christopher even expressed some insecurity about not feeling like the "master".

So it's VERY possible that he killed Christopher. Christopher might have seen unification as a way to become one with Anthony and gain his skills (not maliciously, but in an optimistic naive way), and obviously Anthony would disagree. That also calls into question how "normal" Shadows would feel about unification even when knowing the truth of brainwashing. Maryrose was a "dissident", and Christopher was always thinking of how to best improve the Shadows House over trying to destroy the system like Kate's group. The natural instinct of Shadows does seem to lean towards preserving and improving the system.

Basically, I'm guessing Anthony's plans are a bit more extreme where it concerns Shadows.

Dex-chan lover
I said that Gilbert can be chosen because he was willing to "break the rules for the common good" and the agreement of his fight with John was that he would support Kate. There's also the fact that he orchestrated the "hunt of the weakest" without being found out (he's the one who unmasked himself) and he's reasonably strong.
Ah nvm i misread the starbearer part, i thought its all abt invite to adult

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
A reminder that the "invitation" is to become an adult, which means unification. Kate's too young and new, and the only purpose of inviting her at this point would be to try to kill her with a failed unification. There's no way to spin inviting her positively, Edward wants not just allies but to have successes to show. Older pairs are the ones most likely to be invited, so the Star Bearers (minus Barbara and Barbie) seem the most at risk.

Also, the person/ex-doll we're seeing is Anthony. Christopher was the Shadow's name. I just reread the chapters where he and Christopher first appeared (starts at Chapter 75 for anyone curious), and Kate already thought Anthony was suspicious back then. She noted even Maryrose didn't call him an ally/friend when telling Kate about him. Something else worth noting: we only have Anthony's word that Christopher killed himself. He was also noted to be smarter than Christopher. Their roles were kind of inverted, with Christopher acting as the "face" for Anthony's plans as no one else knew. Christopher even expressed some insecurity about not feeling like the "master".

So it's VERY possible that he killed Christopher. Christopher might have seen unification as a way to become one with Anthony and gain his skills (not maliciously, but in an optimistic naive way), and obviously Anthony would disagree. That also calls into question how "normal" Shadows would feel about unification even when knowing the truth of brainwashing. Maryrose was a "dissident", and Christopher was always thinking of how to best improve the Shadows House over trying to destroy the system like Kate's group. The natural instinct of Shadows does seem to lean towards preserving and improving the system.

Basically, I'm guessing Anthony's plans are a bit more extreme where it concerns Shadows.
It could be Christopher just died from holding up Thomas, so the news of unification could reach Children's building via Anthony. So it can be technically a suicide move per Anthony said.

Well I dunno about this ally talk. I mean in the first place Maryrose was not interested in taking down the house or freeing the children, just holing up in the room and doing nothing until she gained a secondary ability. Probably Anthony just keep pestering her to help him doing insider jobs or become a star bearer, but Nope

The chapter where Anthony and Lewis talk about "for the sake of great christopher".. I can only interpret two things. Either those talk is for honoring the deceased Christopher, or its Christ all along pretending to be Anthony lol

Last edited:
Group Leader
ok so can someone like summarize wtf is going on with this war?

theres so many factions and infighting that i dont even remember whats going on anymore.

what was thomas's plan and why did he get punished like that because it got revealed? and what is his motivation?

what is edwards plan, whos allegiance is he, and why does he fight vs thomas?

WTF was that whole thing about organizing attacks on students and then having john challenge that other guy to a 1v1? what was the motivation of the disciplinary team and who are they loyal to?

Dex-chan lover
image.png

ok so can someone like summarize wtf is going on with this war?

theres so many factions and infighting that i dont even remember whats going on anymore.

what was thomas's plan and why did he get punished like that because it got revealed? and what is his motivation?

what is edwards plan, whos allegiance is he, and why does he fight vs thomas?

WTF was that whole thing about organizing attacks on students and then having john challenge that other guy to a 1v1? what was the motivation of the disciplinary team and who are they loyal to?
Thomas' plan was to pin the reveal of 'soot powers' on Edward. But as revealed in this chapter Edward was able to get some kind of yet unrevealed evidence to prove it otherwise. Thomas believe that the other adults like Lewis would work with him but that didn't work out.

Edward's plan is to simply please The Father and also shows that the adults of the 3rd floor are not fit to serve him. He believe that he is the best to serve Father. He is completely loyal to Father and Father alone.

Thomas's allegiance isn't completely clear yet. But I think he's simply afraid that Edward would pass him. Or maybe he works with Anthony and this is all just part of some elaborate plane[speculation for now].

As for that whole thing about organizing attacks on students, the disciplinary team are simply tired of the star beares

[oh looks like there's a word limit]

contd...

As for that whole thing about organizing attacks on students, the disciplinary team are simply tired of the star bearers 'rule' and their management of the children's wing. So first, they create panic and distrust amongst the children, and second, show the children that they got the soot powers to protect them. This way they believe that they would do a better job of managing the wing. But Kate and friends exposed all this. So their leader asked Kate to join em but after she refused, they decide to solve the issue the shounen way, hence the sudden 1v1.

I think that's all.

As for the number of factions:

1. Father and almost all adults. Father is believe to be the mastermind, the big bad that took down Kate's family all those years ago.
2. Kate and friends. Fighting against Father.
3. Edward and co. Loyal to father but wants to replace the 3rd floor adults because he believe they are not fit to serve Father.
4. Anthony. His allegiance isn't clear but probably wants to take down Father. He also make some adult(s) to be loyal to him, the means to how he does isn't known yet. Lewis is loyal to him, there could be more.
5. Rosemary and her shadow. Would probably work with Kate or Anthony.

The other adults simply want to climb the floor of the adult house. And I guess workplace harassment is quite common. They are loyal to Father tho.

The other children, mostly the older ones with large intake of that coffee are probably still loyal to Father. While the younger ones are simply confused not knowing what to do and aren't part of any faction yet.

Contributor
So Thomas finally lost the 2nd Floor power struggle to Edward, huh. They were rivals in the sense that both wanted to be promoted to the 3rd Floor, to join the elites of the Shadows House. To that end, both were executing schemes involving the Children's wing to undermine each other while attempting to gain praise from those above them.

As for the number of factions:

1. Father and almost all adults. Father is believe to be the mastermind, the big bad that took down Kate's family all those years ago.
2. Kate and friends. Fighting against Father.
3. Edward and co. Loyal to father but wants to replace the 3rd floor adults because he believe they are not fit to serve Father.
4. Anthony. His allegiance isn't clear but probably wants to take down Father. He also make some adult(s) to be loyal to him, the means to how he does isn't known yet. Lewis is loyal to him, there could be more.
5. Rosemary and her shadow. Would probably work with Kate or Anthony.

The other adults simply want to climb the floor of the adult house. And I guess workplace harassment is quite common. They are loyal to Father tho.

The other children, mostly the older ones with large intake of that coffee are probably still loyal to Father. While the younger ones are simply confused not knowing what to do and aren't part of any faction yet.

The factions look like this as I see it (pretty similar to yours):
Adult's wing factions:
  • The 3rd Floor elites including Great Grandfather -> rulers of the Shadows House
  • Thomas and his 2nd Floor group -> IIRC he wanted to join the 3rd Floor elites, but now he's dead meat
  • Edward's group -> He wants to be promoted to the 3rd Floor, but replace the elites around Grandfather, not join them
Children's wing factions:
  • Former Star Bearers -> disbanded, Barbara was also previously in contact with Thomas
  • Sara and Douglas -> Edward's puppets in the Children's wing
  • Kate's group -> plotting the overthrow of the Shadows House
External faction:
  • Anthony and Lewis -> likely also plotting against the Shadows House, probably sheltering the Rose pair
edit: Edward's ambition is to replace, not simply join

Double-page supporter
This manga is too gooooood. Can't wait to know more, Anthony just gives me the bad vibes.

Users who are viewing this thread