Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Vol. 15 Ch. 157 - Soulmate

Dex-chan lover
OH MY GOD! So many things happening at once! Kate's justification was what really got me (I imagine John disappointed), although it was true, as it was basically Patrick and Rick's support that made it possible for Kate to become a Star Bearer. It's funny how nobody seems to be concerned about Louise( Sarah too?! lol) leaving. I wonder if it will now show more about Louise and what she really thinks about this whole situation, as she was the only one of Kate's group so far whose thinking position regarding the Shadow's House wasn't clear (she never questioned Kate, helped her and others, but she remains narcissistic and obsessed with her own face). Tnks for the superb translation~ :worry:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
We were all talking about how the invite would go to one of the kids that had been working with Edward, but instead to chose Lou. Maybe it is a bait for Kate, to make her rush her plan and increase the chance of failure.

Dex-chan lover
The core issue with unification is that if it fails both dies, if it suceeds the human dies. Thus, no matter the outcome Lou dies. Louise's reaction will be complicated because what she loves the most is watching and looking at Lou however Louise is also the one who attaches her own self identity the most to her "human." I think the key for saving Lou will be getting Louise realize that she is her own person just like how John has long realized and Patrick has recently realized

Dex-chan lover
Louise and Lou getting invited is a big shock, I assumed the invites would go to more experienced/"older" Shadows. They're all still kids physically after all, and definitely among the youngest ones in the house. But we also know the Invitation can get delayed since Maryrose and Rosemary were able to delay theirs a couple times with soot sickness, so there should be ways to get out of this beyond that. Could maybe even be as simple as Louise saying "I am sorry, but I do not feel ready to become an adult yet as I still have much to learn."

Dex-chan lover
It's funny how nobody seems to be concerned about Louise( Sarah too?! lol) leaving. I wonder if it will now show more about Louise and what she really thinks about this whole situation, as she was the only one of Kate's group so far whose thinking position regarding the Shadow's House wasn't clear (she never questioned Kate, helped her and others, but she remains narcissistic and obsessed with her own face).
I think it's because with unification the shadow will still be fine, it's the human that will 'disappear', so that's why no one is concerned with Louis. But yes, Louis is kind of an enigma, she is the most carefree character in the whole manga.

Group Leader
Now we use Rum instead of Ram, huh?
What next? Emilico? 🤔

Then, if you can pass the selection, キッスしてあげる.
Damned Edward picking the sweetest fruit of the group. I hope he dies a painful death. 😊

Appointing Patrick-Ricky as Star Bearer is a given considering them as the second brain of the group.

I'm hoping we get some POV of Lou and Louis. We don't really get to see much from them so I would love to see them as the center of this current event.

This is interesting because Edward wouldn't want a failed unification to mar his burgeoning reputation with the 3rd floor. Seems that he thinks Louis has a very good chance to unify so he'll also use this to strike at Kate?

I like how Patrick, and also Rick, improved as a character. He went from a brat to a trustworthy friend. It's good to see him get recognition from Kate.

What the—? Literally no moment of respite or break on Kate at all. This chapter just gave sudden developments and change. I didn't expect that all of a sudden someone will be invited. Add to the fact that it was Louise and Lou which is in the same debutants as Kate. Also Patrick and Ricky being appointed as a star-bearer was a surprised too but not much since aside from Kate, Patrick is the most capable among their debutants since Louise is already out of question. I wonder how this will develop.

I'm not sure how Patrick went from 'Rum took a while for her memory to be erased' to 'the unification process doesn't begin right away' - seems like a bit of leap in logic?

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if a unification HAS to wipe the human personality...? Louie adores Lou more then anyone, after all. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but maybe if the brainwashing isn't present (although I imagine you get dosed with coffee right beforehand), maybe if the shadow wants the human to live (although I imagine that's been the case for others), maybe if the shadow knows it's a human....

And what compells them to spin the cocoon in the first place....?

Maybe they'll have gotten so swole they can just break the doors from the inside....

Users who are viewing this thread