Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Vol. 15 Ch. 161 - Noble Heart

Dex-chan lover
What a guy. I love how well fleshed out and multidimensional everyone is. Everyone has the ability to contribute in truly genuine ways, and to accept real stakes and prices in a very hard situation to permanently move forward. God speed gentlemen.

Dex-chan lover
I love the character development of Patrick and Ricky, from two guys whom I thought would end up as minor antagonists, to two of my fav characters. But I really hope it doesn’t end with Patrick ending up marrying Margaret it probably will not make him as happy as he would be. Thank you for the translation and chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
Anyone noticed how Ricky assumed Patrick like
I love the character development of Patrick and Ricky, from two guys whom I thought would end up as minor antagonists, to two of my fav characters. But I really hope it doesn’t end with Patrick ending up marrying Margaret it probably will not make him as happy as he would be. Thank you for the translation and chapter!!!
I also like how Margaret became like this. She was a minor character with a crush on Patrick and now she has a back story and is a vital point for the plot.

Dex-chan lover
Thats a really good lose-lose situation.
Really good as: It's well written.
Now I wonder how this relationship will go, Margaret is not someone of sound mind, what will happen, how bad will she feel when she discovers that the whole thing was built on pity?

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, here we go, goodbye weird ship, Mangaka just want to shove it under the rug, I hope it doesn't cause any problem in the future lol.

Dex-chan lover
I'll be really sad to see Emilyko/Patrick go away. It was an interesting plot thread, and I doubt it'll really go away. But it's "resolution" is rather appropriate for a series like this that seems to really like playing with tragedy. It's almost Shakespearean. The poor lovesick boy Patrick fell in love with somebody outside of his own species, and for the sake of his own species he needs to abandon his love and give it to another. It truly pains my heart.
Somatou really likes playing with my heart sometimes. I love it and hate it.

Dex-chan lover
I really love how Patrick is finding his niche. It's because he's powerless that he'll be a good Star Bearer: he understands the struggles of the weaker shadows better, and he has to think of solutions that don't involve force and strength. Though the fact that Shadows can self-destruct is kinda freaky. It's been hinted at with Barbara, but having it outright confirmed is concerning and makes me expect we might see it before the end. I wonder if it can happen to adults?

All that aside, I'm not sure the marriage proposal will work out the way he hopes. Partially because I'm still concerned that Maggie may not be, um, alive anymore.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Margaret will accept his proposal because if Patrick's power is some kind of empathetic link as I suspect it might be, then she will realize that he cares about her, but also how much he loves Emiliko... well at least I hope for a peaceful resolution where Patrick doesn't have to sacrifice his love like this. Seeing Ricky fully realize how much Patrick cares about Emiliko only but also believe that maybe love between them isn't meant to be was so sad.

Patrick's speech this chapter really hit hard, I love his pure idea of Noblesse Oblige, this is to me puts him on the level of someone like Kate where he can now act not just from his earnest feelings but also from a powerful ideal. It will give him a well of resolve in the trials to come. On top of that I really enjoyed seeing everyone encourage Patrick, and the team spirit of the older class; they are still a bit sus to me, but I think most of the time their hearts are in a good place, and seeing their techniques and inventions is always very cool (the moving platform is so awesome).

Users who are viewing this thread