Shadows House (Official Colored) - Ch. 241 - Sophie's Room

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 23, 2024
Messages
630
jjbrs5e1.jpg


The Sophie arc is the best one. It's a damn shame that in comparison, Dorothy goes out like a wet kitten.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
10,651
I don't know guys, I think that a straight out cannibal and serial killer, who has a rotting corpse chained to a chair in her room, goes several degrees above being just creepy

But maybe that's just me

And yeah I suppose the butterfly motif is cute I guess, but not that cute
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 5, 2018
Messages
475
...Yeah, Sophie is officially the most terrifying Shadow so far. As a horror manga lover, this chapter did a terrific job with the buildup. That bit of drool as soon as she showed her Face was so unsettling, and it just kept getting worse from there.

At least the wings aren't ACTUAL wings...?? I thought they were part of her powers. Still a bit suspicious of them, those black outlines feel a bit too "rough" to just be ornamental...

Also: Kate, why didn't you just yell "OUT THE WINDOW" before giving exposition and asking or answering questions?? You knew you were being chased, you're usually smarter than this. Fingers crossed no one dies...
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 30, 2018
Messages
2,291
...Yeah, Sophie is officially the most terrifying Shadow so far. As a horror manga lover, this chapter did a terrific job with the buildup. That bit of drool as soon as she showed her Face was so unsettling, and it just kept getting worse from there.

At least the wings aren't ACTUAL wings...?? I thought they were part of her powers. Still a bit suspicious of them, those black outlines feel a bit too "rough" to just be ornamental...

Also: Kate, why didn't you just yell "OUT THE WINDOW" before giving exposition and asking or answering questions?? You knew you were being chased, you're usually smarter than this. Fingers crossed no one dies...
She underestimated the adult a lot. Maybe her reference is edward which is a lot weaker than the 3rd floor residences
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 30, 2018
Messages
2,291
The fight with dorothy haven't been concluded yet right? She fought anthony, the one who have potential to be last boss. I don't want that to be skipped.

I predict this is the time joseph will take the fight with sophie since i don't know when he will show off his ability. Maybe there is some children who got left behind to help him win. I still don't know why thomas is still necessary to the story. That guy pretty much is still an unknown entity
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
Nov 27, 2025
Messages
63
Yikes, I didn't expect Sophie to end up being the creepiest of the adults yet! The signs were there from her introduction, but I guess because Soumatou has been so restrained about giving out just the right amount of foreshadowing, I didn't add them all up to THIS! And I'm not complaining at all... it works for me!

I'm with @AAA1 on Thomas - he is still a fairly mysterious character... one who certainly has a reason to dislike Sophie and Ryan at least (I got the impression that Ryan "disarmed" him and Sophie drank his shadow?), but I'm not sure I ever completely bought the memory loss story, either. It'll be interesting to see what Soumatou has in store with him!

As for Joseph, I don't think Dorothy and/or Ryan seemed to be very impressed with him, regarding him as the weakest link among the adults, but I really don't remember the exact remarks that gave me that impression now. Joseph might well be holding something back - "never underestimate your elders!" - but I don't recall any particular reason to trust Joseph any more than, say, Edward, except that he's been willing to keep Kate's secret and seems to be willing to help her out from a safe distance, so far. His side of the backstory about what happened to shift Mirror House to Shadows House didn't really seem to explain much, did it? Seems like there's still something being held back, and he seems to be another mysterious character!

And then, there's the Great-Grandfather: I still don't know what to make of the clue Joseph provided about that guy always seeming to agree with whoever speaks last, almost giving the impression that he's not all there, maybe a puppet or something. I love that at this point in the story, there are still so many "wham!" moments to surprise me with!

Dang, I can hardly bear to wait for the rest of the chapters!
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
840
This chapter reminds me of an unfun fact: butterflies will lick poop and rotting corpses to get salt and other minerals.

Keep that in mind the next time you go "ooh butterflies are so pretty and I like them more than those drab, creepy moths"

:wooow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top