Shadows House - Vol. 4 Ch. 48 - The Shadows of Everyday Life

thanks for the translation ive been reading this for like 2 hours just to catch up lol keep up the good work

Lux

Power Uploader
Thank you so much for picking this up! 😍 I was really afraid it would be left forgotten, especially now that the plot is supposed to get even more interesting.

Thanks so much for the update, i missed this manga so much 😣
Also same, dunno where Kate learned the human thing... And how'd she figure out the other secrets?

Our Kate is very smart but I don’t know why she thought it was ok to tell Emilyko things.

1. Emilyko can be brainwashed. Or made to tell everything Kate informed her about.

2. Emilyko herself may accidentally leak information out. Be it due to manipulation or just letting it slip.

3. I know that Kate has never been to the village so Kate doesn’t know. But just because one has a place of origin does not mean one has a place to return to or a home.

4. Why would the adults ever not eavesdrop on the kids rooms? Especially since Kate knows some shadows are already weary of her. To trust that they wouldn’t overhear her is just naive.

5. The overarching goal to set humans free to their natural habitat is humanitarian. But in a world that has been manipulated by shadows for so long is a huge undertaking as well as maybe impossible.

Rather than making allies Kate would need to find out if it’s even possible that there are others that share her ideology. It would seem shadows are naturally selfish beings; of course they wouldn’t care about their human shells. Kate would first need to find another shadow that cares about its pet human as if it were a unique being. Then move from there. Or better yet wait until they’re older and have more influence over the status of things in the house. As well as having more information as to how things got like this in the first place. The ins and outs of the castle grounds and how to escape if necessary are also good measures to consider.

@urishima Kate would’ve learned about this when she choose her shadow to be Emilyko.

More than likely at that time Kate started questioning why did Kate had to choose a human to represent theirself and had feelings of empathy towards humans. Who were forcefully made to fufill this role.

Hey everyone, if you would like to discuss Shadows house, then please join our discord!

We would love to talk to some new people after waiting so long for a new chapter. I'm grateful for this Translation

https://discord.gg/4vha85

@Koriru
That doesn't really make sense, because none of the other young shadows appear to be aware of it. It's fine for her to have a hunch and for her to be driven to find out the truth after all that happened, in fact I would expect her to act that way, but she speaks like she already has solid evidence, yet we never see her obtain said evidence.

Group Leader
finally, somebody have picked up this conspiracy manga.

thank you for bring this up again

I feel like this series is a less planned out version of promised neverland

@zypex Curious, because i feel the exact inverse: This series is similar but much better than Promised Neverland.

Neverland went downhill fast after they left the house.

@urishima In chapter 45 page 6 marks the beginning of the explaination of their origins. When they choose their human form to bond with would be where Kate would have gained information (through deduction) of how things begin for them. All of them wouldve had to have gone through that process. As a Morph choosing their human avatar.

The question would now be how did Kate gain compassion for humans, whereas the others did not? Were they made to forget? Why does only Kate seem to care?

I had to jump through past chapters alot to remember where i found that info out and got refreshed with information. So i believe Kate only started questioning things because Emilyko has an unyeilding devotion to Kate, rather than Grandfather. So Kate became driven to help humans rather than grandfather. (Its the coffee soot that keeps the humans binded by blind loyalty to grandfather, and Kate makes sure to purge that soot out of Emilyko) By Kate keeping Emilyko as herself, she's able to retain individuality and therefore has a desire to seek out information concerning her bias.

Dex-chan lover
I never thought I'd see the day, based John back at it again, what a lad

@koriru i don't think so.

Shadows in their pre-bond forms don't seem sapient at all - If anything, they are only as conscious as a baby.

So i rather doubt Kate got her info that way, and certainly the other shadow kids shouldn't know either.

Kate likely learned the truth of-screen at some point before the series start, which is why she has always been more suspicious of the House than the others.

Users who are viewing this thread